Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Crisis suits are not vehicles (eg: they have a save, not an armor value), rather, they are somewhere between heavy infanty and cavalry.

If you're asking if they block line of sight like a vehicle, the answer is no.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by Nightwalker AK@May 11 2003, 00:54
If you're asking if they block line of sight like a vehicle, the answer is no.
I'm not worried about blocking my own line of sight, but rather blocking the line of sight of a vehicle shooting at my broadsides/hammerhead

·
Registered
523 Posts
You cant block line of sight to a vehicle nothing does except other vehicles. They will block line of sight to other troops though like broadsides but there was a clarification in the last update that said to block line of sight your opponent can not be able to see between you models such as all the bases being together.

Good luck

·
Registered
135 Posts
no, they cant see over enemy tanks.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Well there is this little rule in city fight that says that terrain is infenitly high. It would be good to define with your "enemy" before the game.

·
Registered
144 Posts
well cebwj all vechiels have a BS. A drednought is also a vechile and that has a WS, S, I, and Attack value. However the way i play it is if the model isnt a vehicle then it can hide behind troops. However if the model is twice the hight or more than the model blocking line of site to it then it cant be seen. This only means the model and no the base it is on included. So a broadside can hide behind fire warriors but not kroot hounds and things like that.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I tend to play that Broadsides and Crisis suits *can* be seen over Fire Warriors... but if they get hidden enough that you can only see their guns, you can't shoot them - guns don't count.

You sort of have to play it by ear...

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I think they would state wether or not the suits will block LOS in the rules for the models...
I mean as a big target, or rather mounstrous creature...

Tanks are just so massive that they will always block LOS...
But when it comes to others, I don't think so...

In my oppinion mounstrous creatures like Carnivexes and deamon princes with deamonic stature should block LOS.

But generally... an object, model or scenery that is at least half the height of the actual model looking around would in theory block LOS.

But for the battlesuits, I woulden't think so... cause they simply aren't counted as a "big" target...

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
what about when a broadside is selecting a target. Would it be able to attack infantry units that are behind other units? They are 2x the size of a regular model.

·
Registered
23 Posts
it cant, because unless its on an elevated position, then the broadside could only shoot at the first squad because it has to have a straight line of site and it cant shoot through other enemy units. it also is not twice as tall as most things, but it depends what it shooting at. guard, maybe, space marines, no. however, if it was an indirect fire weapon then it could shoot a squad behind another squad.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just as an aside: all troops block line of sight to battlesuits, exept for gun drones (in independent squads) and stealth teams. (From chapter approved).

Nostromino

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
All this should be clearly stated in the rulebook...
Cause as I said, when a model is so big that he can see over other targets, block LOS and so on, it should be clearly stated so in the entry for the model...

·
Registered
29 Posts
I can't see why there is a debate here. Clearly, any model that has a Wound characteristic is not a vehical. Dreadnoughts and sentinals are vehicals, and battle suits are 'models'. As models they follow normal LOS rules layed out in the core rules.

This means it is possible for battle suits to block LOS to a squad of fire warrios, and visa vesa.

The relitive hight of a model and the fact he is based on a fling base or not is irrelevant.

Any Model can draw LOS to and enermy model so long as it is uninterupted by a hostile unit, terrain or a vehical (friend or foe). Friendly units do not block LOS.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.