Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I play, I end up relying solely on just my battlesuits (my Shas'O and Shas'vres)...most of the time the other units just serve as distractions and it helps when they do some damage. Only once have I ever used my Firewarriors efficiently. It was a small game with only one HQ and two troops...roughly about 250 pts. The suits always cause devastating results against my usual opponents. They always cause major damage and then the Firewarriors end up mopping up the rest. Sometimes I wish that there could be like an option to take crisis suits as troop choices as long as you only use battle suit variations. Does anybody else encounter this, the reliance on battlesuits? They are magnificient units and excellent models and I am sure everybody with the greater good agrees... :D

·
Registered
696 Posts
Im surprised that firewarriors for oyu arent effective when there default weapon is str 5 and ap 5 with rapid fire.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Battlesuits are great and that is why they are elite units because they are powerful. The 30inch range of firewarrors guns and the str and ap make firewarrios good units too though. I have had great success with them against anyone from marines to orks. They provide support to your mobile battlesuits and also I will team a squad up with Aunshi and use it as a basic cc squad. They have done real well with him at the helm.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I play both Black Templar and Tau, what I think was cool is I let a friend of mine play my Tau (Hes use to playing Chaos) and I played my Templar. My champion Challenged Aunshi and wooped his *ss

·
Registered
539 Posts
Battlesuits are monsters... be it the burst cannons that have a chance of going unseen, the good ol' crisis suits with all their options or the plain and nasty twin-linked railgun-toting broadsides to provide a triple-S10 single-shot barrage with re-rolls to hit.

As for the Fire Warriors, it's always nice to include about 3 Pulse Carbines instead of the regular pulse weapons. While they cut three of the shots from 30" to 18" range, that's three possible pinning tests. Nothing like rendering an infantry unit harmless for a turn just because you killed one of them. :D

Of course, if the enemy is all fearless, well... to hell with that. :ph34r:

·
Registered
464 Posts
i love suits (got 12) but like that tactica imperiaL book says: "everything must work toghether" or something like that. Also i find the my suits take so much fire, there all gone by the end of the battle. :eek: :angry:

·
Registered
175 Posts
I really don't know abytihng b'out tau.. But you should try to rely on somthign else. Cause if you rely on 'em to much your tactics become usless because theres no suprise anymore.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Originally posted by kommissar karls kadians@Oct 5 2003, 03:50
dont rely on them too much or your regular opponent will realise this and just shoot everything they have at your suits.
yes my regular opponents think I rely on suits by the sheer number of them, but I don't, and while he wastes time shooting at the suits, the rest of my army stomps him into the ground. The one thing I rely on :( though, is broadsides, as they're the only decent long range tank busters. :w

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.