Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope it's okay to post here, but I need help with an Ork Model...

I'm looking to try and re-create a couple of battlewagons that I made for a previous speed freak army. The first picture is the old one that I first made and the second is the new one. Other that a good paint job what do you think is missing from the battlewagons?

First

and then here is the second

I appreciate any comments or criticisms! I am planning to make a few more of these with subtle variations soon, like lowering the cab down, and making one have a cab in the rear and basically drive backward. ideally with the ramp out the back still work. Let me know. thanks -Tim

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
looks amazing! what did you use to make the cock-pit part that juts out from the front?

also, do you think that the FW deff rolla would fit on to that?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Why dont you try making it look like it deserves its 14/12/10 armour ratings? You could put some massive fuel tanks at the rear (beside the access ramp) and put say wire mesh showing the insides with armour plates to ramp up the protection for the lads.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Looks very nice indeed. I agree with Bruiser that a Daeth Roller wouldn't look out of place and will only serve to make it look bigger and more intimidating

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Maybe throw on some random plasticard armor plates on the sites to make it more orky and ramshackle.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
My only suggestion is to invert the landraider tracks. IE mount them backwards with the high end facing forwards, and the low in the back. I like the work making the cab high up, and a deth rollar is always a good idea. Maybe build a "gob" design for the front to give it a true orky field. Last a big obnoxious engine is always fun! I was hunting around a toy shop and found a company that does models of aircraft engines... i'm thinking of putting it in my next wagon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts