Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First attempt at using plasticard

Before detailing phase. Still mostly unassembled.

Adding details to the top left side armorplate. 85% done.

What do you guys think?

·
Adeptus Laziness
614 Posts
Well, I think the wheels and track assembly looks a bit... shall we say... fragile? And the first good burst of speed will ensure that all the orks will fall out the back when the entire thing rears up. So... I'd suggest moving the tracks back a bit... Like so...

After that, I'd think that two wheels for an orky halftrack would be somewhat lacking. Give it four. And if you really want to spruce things up, put chains on them for extra traction.

Anyways, good luck!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, it's been a while, and the darn thing is still not finished (curse you, Starcraft!), but here goes... Gives an impression of how it will look like when ready.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Nice modeling and paint job. Very orky.

I like the usage of the tusks, I've always hated the things, but those compliment very well.

Good job!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice modeling and paint job. Very orky.
I like the usage of the tusks, I've always hated the things, but those compliment very well.
Good job!
Thanks man.
At some point I got afraid that I`m getting too close to actual source of inspiration and too far from ork battlewagon. Had to orkify it somehow. Tusks seemed natural choice for the task :)

very nicely done actually .
did you use a regular Trukk and/or Battlewagon as the base for it? or completely scratch build?
rep !
Thanks!
On the first image, all black areas are from the actual battlewagon and all the white ones are from plasticard. So it's approximately 70% scratchbuilt.

Had to cut the tracks and use the inner side to add an extra wheel as this thing ended up larger than regular battlewagon model.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
It looks very very nice :)
Gork&Mork are proud :p

now that I think about it:
what about the wargear? the upgrades etc. or won't you use it for actual gaming? (shame!)
or your gaming group doesn't mind it isn't WYSIWYG?
There gonna be an ork operating a bigger type of big shoota, which will be part of the crew, not the transported squad (btw, i can actually fit 20 boyz in that thing)

And I'll make a magnetized anti-mine flail (it will fit in those niches behind the tusks), which will be the deffrolla.

Not sure if i want the red paint. Might color the wheels red... Haven't decided on this one yet (is it worth it?)

And yes, I definitely gonna use it on the tabletop :) Too much effort spent, to let it collect dust on the shelf.

P.S:
As bonus, here are some pics of da panzaboyz who gonna ride it.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I thought the orks getting themselves into close combat as fast as they can was their goal, so hurtling down the terrain at 60mph only to be set on a trajectory of that speed seems like a pretty orky way to get into combat. They'll survive the landing, they're orks!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
love those panzaboys.
how did you get the pose of the Ork doing the "running man"(j/k).
love the colour scheme by the way.
what are you using? and how do you get your teeth that way?
do you hate all my questions? :p
Well, the "running man" was simple. It's one of the AobR nobs with one leg cut at the knee and repositioned (angled) and another one rotated back a little. Minimum greenstuff involved.
I think about 80% of my orks are slightly converted. Too static for my taste otherwise.
For the skin i used scorched brown in the recesses, graveyard earth around them and golden yellow where the highlights will be and then gretchin green on top of it all. And i think i used some brown wash as well.
Teeth - graveyard earth at the base, bleached bone at the tip with sepia wash over it.
And no prob with questions :) Keep em coming.

·
Registered
484 Posts
simple yet effective :p
and indeed. poses of the Orks are a bit static, which is sad for a race who are all but static.
I think I'll be stealing your teeth painting idea: I use Rotting Flesh with a very very very light drybush of skull white here and there but it doesn't look that amazing. so i'll be giving yours a try if you don't mind.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
simple yet effective :p
and indeed. poses of the Orks are a bit static, which is sad for a race who are all but static.
I think I'll be stealing your teeth painting idea: I use Rotting Flesh with a very very very light drybush of skull white here and there but it doesn't look that amazing. so i'll be giving yours a try if you don't mind.
Sure, feel free to use it.

Here are some pics of the re-posed shoota boyz. Unpainted yet.

·
Registered
484 Posts
love the "I'm DIIEEEIINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGgggg" Ork (top left).
love the poses except bottom right and right.
bottom right is doing some sort of aerobics pose to me. (I think he is beaconing his fellow green skins for a charge?)
and the most right looks like he is losing his balance to his right and is falling over but doesn't know it yet :p
but that is just my personal opinion. I've done some little converting of my own, but not actual reposing of miniatures so I cant really judge your work I think.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Upon seeing the Kampfwagon I have decided I hate you - that is one amazing piece of work. It almost looks like a Forgeworld model (apart from the fact it was obviously easier to build) and fits in with the new ork minatures better than most of GWs stuff in my opinion.

I also love the posing of the orks themselves - nice and dynamic! Just got a couple of questions: 1) what colour scheme have you used on the clothing (comes across as black in the photos) and 2) is your army a Bloodaxe clan inspired by/based around WWII German forces per chance? I spotted the clan emblam - nicely done and nice and subtle...

(P.S. I don't really hate you. I had thought of doing something similar myself - nice to see someone else thinks along similar lines)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Upon seeing the Kampfwagon I have decided I hate you - that is one amazing piece of work. It almost looks like a Forgeworld model (apart from the fact it was obviously easier to build) and fits in with the new ork minatures better than most of GWs stuff in my opinion.

I also love the posing of the orks themselves - nice and dynamic! Just got a couple of questions: 1) what colour scheme have you used on the clothing (comes across as black in the photos) and 2) is your army a Bloodaxe clan inspired by/based around WWII German forces per chance? I spotted the clan emblam - nicely done and nice and subtle...

(P.S. I don't really hate you. I had thought of doing something similar myself - nice to see someone else thinks along similar lines)
Thanks man! :)
Your assumptions are correct.

It all started cuz I was listening Sabatton heavily at the time ^^ (YouTube - Sabaton - Ghost division)

So yeah, they are inspired by wehrmacht panzer forces. You may notice that i've cut the helmets as well, to fit the theme.

And from the 40K fluff point, yeah, they are blood axes (or rather blood axIs :) )

Next army i gonna do (if i will do another army that is) gonna be imperial guards with T-34s to pit them against my grot Panza-IVs :)

As for the uniforms, they are grey with blue wash and very slight white highlights.

·
Registered
92 Posts
You may notice that i've cut the helmets as well, to fit the theme.
Oh yeah... I'd managed to miss that altogether - like I said earlier, nice and subtle... (bit of an odd comment to make about orks)

You just going to do one of these beasts by the way or is the whole army Panzergrenadier based? Just wondering if you'd made a pattern to work from to get any other battlewagons the distinctive Sdkfz 251/1D shape.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Oh yeah... I'd managed to miss that altogether - like I said earlier, nice and subtle... (bit of an odd comment to make about orks)

You just going to do one of these beasts by the way or is the whole army Panzergrenadier based? Just wondering if you'd made a pattern to work from to get any other battlewagons the distinctive Sdkfz 251/1D shape.
To be honest, I`m not sure yet.

So far it gonna be something like: 2x12 trukkboyz, 20 panzagreenadierz in a wagon, 3 Grotpanzas (wartrukks), Big Panza (boomwagon), 5 nob bikers, 3 killa kanz (with "heads" aka YouTube - Code Guardian Part 1) and 2 x 9 lootas.

When this is finished and painted, I'll start thinking on next steps :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.