Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Don't tread on me!
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys my old logs are quite long in the tooth, so I figured I'd do a total reboot since we are at the start of a New Year.

There will be my Soul Reapers Chaos Marines, Space Wolves and my commission Necrons in here for sure.

Here is a mock up WIP for my Sorcerer Xusia one of the special characters from my homebrew codex.

There is still tons to be done; he's going to have a broad belt like the ones you see on Space Wolves, a flowing cape and I've got a couple of nifty ideas for the exhausts on his powerpack.

So far I have used parts from a Dark Angels sgt, WFB warriors of Chaos, Khorne Zerkers, basic CSM's, the Chaos Lord and the Staff head comes from Sauron from the LotR range.

·
Don't tread on me!
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Dan, I'll do that in my next update.

Here are the first couple of Reaver assault troops from my Soul Reapers codex. I've gone with a quasi Skull helmet so I can use them as counts as Berzerkers in games outside of the club.

I'm pretty happy with how the Heavy Flamer Reaver turned out!

Here is a quick update on Xusia. His cape is about halfway done, I still need to do the right side and clean up the edges. I am quite happy with how the belt is shaping up; next I'll be adding the gemstone. I really need to figure out where I got that metal left-handed holster.

·
Don't tread on me!
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think that I've finally got my painting groove back! Sometimes it's funny the models that inspire you when you are in a painting rut. I've really been trying hard to get some painting done on my character minis for my Reapers and Wolves, but just wasn't making any real headway.

Then I was sitting here yesterday and this Aspiring Champ model just started screaming at me to be painted. Who am I to argue with the powers of Chaos!?!

Well as you can see he is painted and I am working on the other three Aspiring Champs I had sitting next to him.

·
Don't tread on me!
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow, it's been a long time since I added anything here.

Here is the special character Sorcerer for my homebrew codex that I am working on.

I present Xusia the Master of Malevolence in all his painted glory. This was my first attempt at lightning on a Force weapon, I think it turned out Ok.

Here is a Rhino that I am working on. I really didn't like how the tarnished bronze was turning out with the drybrush techniques I was using; so I busted out the old airbrush and started over again.

This time I decided to attempt to get the tarnished bronze effect with the airbrush. I must say I am quite pleased with this first Rhino, so much so that I will be painting all the rest of the tanks using this technique.

The top doors were inspired by this piece of artwork created for my codex project. I think it turned out great, although it is a little off center.

·
Don't tread on me!
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
And as I said there...
Thanks for the honest feedback, Kuffy! I do agree some freehand would be swanky. I did play it a bit safe with the mini, because I really couldn't decided what I wanted to freehand on his robes/cloak.

Maybe I'll revisit the issue once he sits done up like this on my desk for a while.
Yeah I am never far from LO, I have been taking a break from forums in general, while I am hammering out the details of the Fandex for these guys. I am back to painting so will be posting more regularly here.

Oh yeah, here is a WIP of my Crazy Soul Reapers Apothecary, the Harbinger of Malice!

Maybe I should enter him in LO's Medic painting Competition!

·
Don't tread on me!
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the comments Dan, they are much appreciated! By all means use the Sorcerer pose, I look forward to your version!

Yeah the medic chief job off the battle field is keeping captives alive during their torture! He's one twisted SOB!

·
Sir Proofreader
4,251 Posts
Awesome looking stuff so far - the sorcerer is a pretty neat conversion (even if that weird skull-helmet bothers me...) and I really like the icon you've worked up for them.

The crazy medic scares me. Tell me he at least puts his Plasma Pistol away before he starts operating?

·
Sir Proofreader
4,251 Posts
Surely the plasma pistol would come in handy mate? instant cauterization of wounds to ward off infection perfect for the battlefield ;)
Actually now that you mention it... :E

Then again I've always wondered how useful a giant drill is at keeping people alive - I guess being a space marine medic is more a case of 'harden up or I start using this on you,' in which case the pistol is perfect.

·
Keeper of Records and Ale
10,982 Posts
Actually now that you mention it... :E

Then again I've always wondered how useful a giant drill is at keeping people alive - I guess being a space marine medic is more a case of 'harden up or I start using this on you,' in which case the pistol is perfect.
If I remember correct, the drill is for breaking through the armour/black carapace to get to the geneseed and extract it. That is the main job of an apothecary on the battlefield, rather than 'healing'

Kuffy

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.