Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The Violet Eye, Chaos Chapter.

Right, before I start, I'm taking tips from a friend to make this and it's my first go.

Welcome to Lor'Jin, homeworld of the Violet Eye, once The Astral Waves but when Dreta Skeram claimed himself as a prophet, they attracted attention from the Imperiam. Skeram managed to influence new ideas and new claims to the Violet Eye about the Chaos Gods, power would only come to those that were willing to take it and with that they turned to Tzeentch and in return, Tzeentch did something to them.

The changes and mutations that the Violet Eye went through was horrific, it changed the very skin, hardening it into what looks like scales, and deforming the faces. They looked like lizards, tails and spines burst out from armour. Some were even less fortunate, turning into something like large Skinks. In retreat, they tunneled underground, reclaiming the world as Korozahn. It uses this underground world to bunker it, ready for attacks from the Imperiam, but also working on it's own experiments with the chaos. But now, for some reason, they're starting to come back.

ok, that's all for now, suggestions? critisisms? help? all welcomed.

Chapter will be done with Lizardmen and Space Marine/C.S.M sprues. I even talked about it with a guy in Games Workshop and he wants to have a go too so I though i'd post it here.

I have a slight question though; At the moment i'm writing all my ideas up in a book and I have a cool idea for my Lizardman-Mutationed Chaos Army and that was to try and incorporate the Carnosaur from Lizardmen armies into something new, (Perhaps the same but with armour like the Rino-like model I have seen) to make of for my armies homeworld having a lack of machinary. It's not completely decided yet but i'm playing with the idea and want to see how it could work. I do not wish to hear, "Oh, it won't work", I just want to know if anyone has ideas if it COULD work.

Thank you, and I wish to hear from you soon.

·
2,076 Posts
Interesting idea and the conversions sound like they will be cool.
I look forward to seeing them.
Sorry to say it but I think the Chapter name is pants. Its like being called the hairy mouths.. Then again, if you like it, thats what matters.
Violet Eye also doesn't strike me as Imperial Space Marine. Maybe they could be called Violet eye after their fall to chaos?

Will you be using Tzeentch rules for 5+ inv sv or Nurgle Rules for T5?
T5 seems a more likely representation of lizard scales than an invulnerable save. But if they are worshiping Tzeentch it makes more sense to have his mark.

Is Dreta a Commander? A sorceror? a pig farmer from the mud pits of Kharazhan?
Why did these loyalist marines listen to his mad ravings?

Tzeentch is all about change, he is less likely to have uniform changes throughout a chapter than turning them all into unique freaks. Maybe they can be cursed, or Tzeentch decided to try something different?
Or it might have been a strange disease from Nurgle that caused them to change.

What experiments are they working on? Why did they rename their world?

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'm rolling my eyes at your heavily influenced WoW fluff. Unless you want more people doing so, I would suggest changing some names. Granted, your fluff and ideas perk my interest in seeing how you will create your models though. Just food for thought, I'm sure many people would roll their eyes at me if I said my chapter originated from Narn and was fighting the ferocious Skekis for independance lead by their mighty leader Eragon.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
to Revelations; just names I did use WoW to use, but it's just my personal chapter, so doesn't really matter about names, but if its a good idea to change it, consider it done.

to omegoku; A to your Q; Yeah, probably change the name, I just needed something to start it off, I will probably switch it so it's called Violet Eye and came from something else.

The lizard scales were originally for show, but good idea.

Dreta Skeram (Who's name won't change) is probably more of a Sorcerer, as I had him in mind of a Prophet. (to Revelations, I made up that bit, THEN found it in WoW, Damn Ahn'Qiraj)

Tzeentch god of change is changing them all in unique ways, but it will all be vaguely reptillian with possible other things.

Consider first post changed and title changed with differant names.

·
Premium Member
4,800 Posts
I did that sort of thing myself with my Raptors! Marine bodies, jetpacks ordered separately, Lizardman heads and greenstuffed tails. It really works well. I used the leftover Lizardman bodies to play with some Kroot conversions but nothing ever came of it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
hmm, nice new names, although i have to say i prefer Bestail Maws, but it is your chapter.
I gotta say i like this Dreta guy, he seems like they guy you want on your side.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just remember, I barely know anything from 40k, I work more with WHFB, so i'm not completely sure on what rules i'll use etc, but it's a start.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Updated first post with a question if people could please have a look for me. Thank you.
It kind of depends on exactly what you want this beast to do. Is it supposed to be a transport? Is it a walking tank? Is it simply a monsterous creature?

If you're looking for similar critter, I suggest looking at the Kroot beasts in the Tau codex or possibly the Squiggoths in the Orc Imperial Armor books. For fairly good templates for what "I think" you're looking for.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It kind of depends on exactly what you want this beast to do. Is it supposed to be a transport? Is it a walking tank? Is it simply a monsterous creature?

If you're looking for similar critter, I suggest looking at the Kroot beasts in the Tau codex or possibly the Squiggoths in the Orc Imperial Armor books. For fairly good templates for what "I think" you're looking for.

I was thinking of basically all or either of the above. A walking tank would be a pretty good use for it, or maybe just transport. I just want to add a more lizardish feel to my Lizardy Chaos Army. I started with Lizardmen, so this conversion would be a nice idea to get me into 40K.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I was thinking of basically all or either of the above. A walking tank would be a pretty good use for it, or maybe just transport. I just want to add a more lizardish feel to my Lizardy Chaos Army. I started with Lizardmen, so this conversion would be a nice idea to get me into 40K.
Well then the two texts I suggested would be worth checking out I think. Here's sort of a REALLY ROUGH idea of what you might be looking for...

Carnosaur; a Large Lizard like beast used to transport troops directly into the field and support them by smashing through enemy lines before deployment. While the creature itself is large and terrifying, it has been outfitted with loose armor plating, harnesses for carriage and a large gun for the passengers.
Pts - 150

Ws - 2
Bs - 2
S - 6
T - 6
W - 3
I - 2
A - 2
Ld - 10
Sv - 4+

Rules - Monsterous Creature, Assault Transport - Open Topped, Fearless

Transport - May carry up to 10 models on it's back. It cannot carry heavy troops including; terminators, raptors or other monsterous creatures.

Assault Transport - The beast is designed to charge into the same lines as those directing it's path, troops may assault the turn they disembark from the beast if charging the same unit.

Weapons - In addition to being open topped, the creature has a single heavy bolter than may be fired by it's passengers (using their BS skill). It cannot fire this gun with no passengers.

At least it's a template you can work with at your liesure, my points may be waaaaay off.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well then the two texts I suggested would be worth checking out I think. Here's sort of a REALLY ROUGH idea of what you might be looking for...

Carnosaur; a Large Lizard like beast used to transport troops directly into the field and support them by smashing through enemy lines before deployment. While the creature itself is large and terrifying, it has been outfitted with loose armor plating, harnesses for carriage and a large gun for the passengers.
Pts - 150

Ws - 2
Bs - 2
S - 6
T - 6
W - 3
I - 2
A - 2
Ld - 10
Sv - 4+

Rules - Monsterous Creature, Assault Transport - Open Topped, Fearless

Transport - May carry up to 10 models on it's back. It cannot carry heavy troops including; terminators, raptors or other monsterous creatures.

Assault Transport - The beast is designed to charge into the same lines as those directing it's path, troops may assault the turn they disembark from the beast if charging the same unit.

Weapons - In addition to being open topped, the creature has a single heavy bolter than may be fired by it's passengers (using their BS skill). It cannot fire this gun with no passengers.

At least it's a template you can work with at your liesure, my points may be waaaaay off.
Sir, Do you mind if I hug you right now. That is a great help and will be wrote up in my book. I thank you a ton. I will be posting more stuff to my chapter ideas as time progresses. I thank you again.

·
2,076 Posts
Problem with self designed rules is a lot of people won't play you if you use them.
I'm not sure how big a Carnosaur is, but it must be fairly big to transport 10 Marines.

Why not use the rules for a Defiler? Strap a Gun to its back to represent battle cannon rather than give it transport abilities.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It's just an idea for my army to use instead of marines which im playing with.

Im thinking of a way to work around that situation where they won't play with homebrewed rules, perhaps have some extra units on standby?

But thanks for the suggestions.
Appreciate it!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.