Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well me and my friend are both going to start WHFB again soon-ish so we decided to pick two different armies (as you do) He immediately went for Vampire Counts, and I was left scrolling around the internet and was drawn to 2 armies (Wood Elves and Beastmen) So i decided to tinker around with a friends army book and made a few lists, and was just looking for some advice. Sorry its a little long :3

List 1:

Lord :
Beastlord: Tuskagor Chariot. Hunting spear. Ramhorn Helm. Charmed Shield. Heavy Armor. Dawnstone. Gouge Tusks. 341 points
Total: 341

Heroes:

Slugtounge: 190
Wargor: BSB, Heavy Armor, Gnarled Hide, Enchanted Shield, Protection Ward: 136

Total 326

Core:

Tuskagor Chariots x2: 160 .
Ungor Raiders x9 + musicians: 57
Ungor Spearmen x29 +SB & Musician: 183

Total: 445

Special:

Razorgor Chariot
Harpies x5: 55
Bestigors x13 +SB& Musician: 174
Total: 374

Total army cost 1498

List 2:

Lords
Great bray-shaman (Lore of beast)
Chalice of dark rain
Total: 240

Heroes
Gorbull
BSB, Heavy armour, shield, ramhorn helm, gnarled hide, gold sigil sword
Pts: 242

Bray-shaman (lore of beast)
Dispel scroll
Prs: 100

Core
24 ungor
Spears, musican, standartbearer
Pts: 153

24 gors
2 hand weapons, full command
Pts: 217

8 ungor raiders
Pts: 48

Tuskgor Chariot
Pt: 80

Special
Razorgor chariot
Pts: 145

Rare
Ghorgon
Pts: 275

List 3:

Lord

Khazrak the One-eye

Heroes

lvl 2 Shaman. Lore of Beasts. AHW, Jagged dagger.
BSB. Heavy armor, Shield, HW, Gnarled Hide, Enchanted Shield, Iron curse Icon.

Core

Gor Herd: 24 Full command. AHW.
Gor Herd: 12 Gouge Horn & musician.
Gor Herd: 12 Gouge Horn & musician. * in ambush*
Ungor Raiders: 9 + musiciain.
Ungor Raiders: 9 + Musician. *in ambush*
Tuskagor Chariot

Special

Bestigor Herd. Full Command. Magic Banner: -1 ldr to all enemies in 6″.

List 4:

Lords

Beastlord: Tuskgor Chariot. Ramhorn Helm. Enchanted Shield. Heavy Armor. Dawnstone. Gouge Tusks

Heroes

Slugtounge

Wargor BSB: Enchanted Shield. Gnarled Hide. Protector Ward. Heavy Armor, BSB

Core

28 Gore: AHW, SB and Musician

27 Ungor Spearmen: Spear + Shield, SB and Musician, Light Armour

10 Ungor Raiders: Musician

Special

3 Minotaurs: Great Weapons

15 Bestigors: SB and Musician
SB = Armour peircing

·
Registered
288 Posts
Well me and my friend are both going to start WHFB again soon-ish so we decided to pick two different armies (as you do) He immediately went for Vampire Counts, and I was left scrolling around the internet and was drawn to 2 armies (Wood Elves and Beastmen) So i decided to tinker around with a friends army book and made a few lists, and was just looking for some advice. Sorry its a little long :3

List 1:

Lord :
Beastlord: Tuskagor Chariot. Hunting spear. Ramhorn Helm. Charmed Shield. Heavy Armor. Dawnstone. Gouge Tusks. 341 points
Total: 341

Heroes:

Slugtounge: 190 Sluggo is not worth the points... kit out a lv2 shaman with lore of beasts and scroll
Wargor: BSB, Heavy Armor, Gnarled Hide, Enchanted Shield, Protection Ward: 136 this guy is better off taking the beast banner

Total 326

Core:

Tuskagor Chariots x2: 160 .
Ungor Raiders x9 + musicians: 57 Raiders are a good chaff unit
Ungor Spearmen x29 +SB & Musician: 183 I would go Gors with additional hand weapon in any number before I would take ungors with spears

Total: 445

Special:

Razorgor Chariot Good
Harpies x5: 55 Good but you should have a few more if possible to avoid early panics
Bestigors x13 +SB& Musician: 174 The best unit in the beast army...don't skimp on this unit
Total: 374

Total army cost 1498

List 2:

Lords
Great bray-shaman (Lore of beast)
Chalice of dark rainChalice is nice but this guy needs a ward save
Total: 240

Heroes
Gorbull This guy is best leading a unit of minotaurs...I don't see any minos in the list
BSB, Heavy armour, shield, ramhorn helm, gnarled hide, gold sigil sword
Pts: 242

Bray-shaman (lore of beast)good choice
Dispel scroll
Prs: 100

Core
24 ungor Gors with AHW are much better than stock ungors... maybe go with 2 units of 20 gors???
Spears, musican, standartbearer
Pts: 153

24 gors
2 hand weapons, full command
Pts: 217

8 ungor raiders
Pts: 48

Tuskgor Chariot
Pt: 80

Special
Razorgor chariotvery killy! good.
Pts: 145

Rare
Ghorgon Our big monsters are very over priced for what they do. You would be better served to put those points into razorgors or bestigors...
Pts: 275

List 3:

Lord

Khazrak the One-eye Does lots of damage, costs lots of points... no real defense...quite a gamble

Heroes

lvl 2 Shaman. Lore of Beasts. AHW, Jagged dagger. Dispel scroll might be better...the dagger is better on a combat caster (lord)
BSB. Heavy armor, Shield, HW, Gnarled Hide, Enchanted Shield, Iron curse Icon.

Core

Gor Herd: 24 Full command. AHW.
Gor Herd: 12 Gouge Horn & musician.
Gor Herd: 12 Gouge Horn & musician. * in ambush*Ambush mechanics work more against us than for us... better to roll these into the above unit to make 24.
Ungor Raiders: 9 + musiciain.
Ungor Raiders: 9 + Musician. *in ambush* You dont have to decide to ambush these until deployment... be flexable
Tuskagor Chariot

Special

Bestigor Herd. Full Command. Magic Banner: -1 ldr to all enemies in 6″.

List 4:

Lords

Beastlord: Tuskgor Chariot. Ramhorn Helm. Enchanted Shield. Heavy Armor. Dawnstone. Gouge Tusks

Heroes

Slugtoungenot worth the points

Wargor BSB: Enchanted Shield. Gnarled Hide. Protector Ward. Heavy Armor, BSB

Core

28 Gore: AHW, SB and Musician

27 Ungor Spearmen: Spear + Shield, SB and Musician, Light Armour if you need core go with raiders or more gors

10 Ungor Raiders: Musician

Special

3 Minotaurs: Great Weapons I like to run these with AHW. They are already S5 so they are going to hurt what they hit and their Init is pretty good. They dont have much for defense so hitting first is more of a priority. Others may disagree...just my opinion.

15 Bestigors: SB and Musician
SB = Armour piercing Go with flaming banner - they are already hitting a S6 which is -3AS
Comments in RED

Dont discount how nasty 2 solo razorgors are at clearing chaff, warmachines and hitting flanks.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man, this really does help, ill take this all into account and make some modifications, my original idea for a list was like ALL charriots, then my friend talked me out of it due to it being stupidly worthless, do you feel the same way?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Our chariots are descent but I wouldn't discount a block of gors with AHW and the beast banner + lore of beast support. Remember that our infantry are FAST! Faster than a chariot in that they can march. (I think it is stupid that chariots can't march but that's another discussion!)

That fast unit tends to inflict massive casualties... for example

Run the unit 7x3 or 7x4 you would have 22 S4 attacks at WS 4, re-rolling misses with primal fury (with Wyssan's the unit would be S5 T5) Against elite units you would hit approximately 15-16 times and against regular troops you would average aprox. 18-19 hits... so vs T4 elites you would wound 8x and against T3 regulars you would wound 12x... not too shabby. (even more with Wyssans of course)And if your unit is large enough it will be steadfast and can easily strip steadfast from an opponent.

I also love our bestigors. I usually give my bestigors the banner that gives flaming attacks and run down those pesky trolls and hellpit abominations!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That does sound like ALOT of killing potential, but i will still defiantly include chariots as i see them being useful with some razor gores just running up a flank and scaring my opponent

·
Registered
288 Posts
Try this list...

Characters (526)
Great Bray Shaman - Lv3 Fencers blades, Jagged Dagger, Tal of Pres, Lore of Beasts (290)
Wargor - BSB - Beast Banner, Hv + Shield, Gnarled Hide, Many-limbed Fiend, Uncanny Senses (236)

Core ( 468 )
Gor Herd x29 - full command, AHW (257)
Tuskgor Chariot (base)
Tuskgor Chariot (base)
Ungor Raiders x8 - mus(51)

Special (504)
Bestigor Herd x22 - Full Command, Banner of Eternal Flame (304)
Razorgor Chariot (base)
Razorgor Herd x1 (base)

Total Points 1498

This is chariot heavy (as your previous comments seemed to prefer chariots) and contains 65 models and meets all unit composition rules.

If you are going to play a lot against VCs then you may have to be tactically creative. (hard to go toe-to-toe with a Vamp with a lv3 shaman...hehe... just kill everything else and deny him your points, of course The Curse of Anraheir works wonders as ALL terrain, including flat terrain, is considered dangerous terrain)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This list looks really good, Im guessing the Wizard goes in the Gors and the Wargor in the Bestigors?

Kill everything ehh, hummm sounds fun hahaha :3 an believe me i know Curse of Anraheir, and it's deadly if i get it, it will be a lot of fun to use :3

1 - 9 of 9 Posts