Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
LO Zealot
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the two crew members of the Cauldron of Blood count as champions, does each attack against them have to be allocated?
Normally, if you fight a standard unit (let's say there are five models left, one of which is a champion), if you do not allocate attacks, and you cause five wounds, the champion would still die, as the fifth wound would flow onto him.
Does this same theory apply to the Cauldron of Blood?
I could choose to attack the Death Hag, or I could choose to attack the unit, thus having excess wounds flow from one model to the next, and be able to kill off both champions without having to allocate?

·
4,361 Posts
I am confused. Why do you think the hags are champions? I can't find that in the book. Is it in an FAQ?

SirKently

·
LO Zealot
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My opponent who plays Dark Elves says the Cauldron crew are two champions, and a Death Hag hero choice.

·
4,361 Posts
My opponent who plays Dark Elves says the Cauldron crew are two champions, and a Death Hag hero choice.
OK, I read the FAQ about it. So they are champs. So yes, you will have to allocate attacks against them. As there are no regular troops, then you can't allocate additional wounds to the other in this case. That would be my view anyway.

SirKently

·
i am da Wahhchief
2,419 Posts
hmmm, do several unit champions in the same unit not catch spare wounds for eachother?

im trying to relate it to giant slayers, surely when you do 3 wounds to giant slayers you kill 3 giant slayers...

·
i am da Wahhchief
2,419 Posts
grail knights are no champion, they accept challenges as if they were champions.
But thats a good point. Perhaps upgrading a troll slayer doesnt make him a champion :p

Are there any other units that might have 2 champions and have some additional rules on this?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.