Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my freind who i play quite often has now decided to collect S.marines and for me it has become hell.... He has the most kitted out marines i have ever seen. His 1500pt force comes complete with 7 Plasma cannons, 3 plasma guns, A L.R.C which is full with 8 assault termis, A L.R.Terminus, a captain who is there to supply Ld and a few more goodies.

Now my Nid force as you may have seen on other posts is Nidzilla based and this just doesn't seem to be good for me as his Str 7 plasma justs mows downs Carni's and all his assault termis kill anything which isnt big and grizzly in my army and that coupled with the fact that his terminus kills a MC a turn! (killed tyrant, Old one eye, Genestealers and downed sniper fex to 1 wound by turn 4 in my last game, I was just lucky we were playing a three way as the chaos player managed to take it out with his oblits;))

So I was just wondering if there is anyway I can kill off all that stuff without having to ditch too many of my carni's. The only way I can think of is using 3 sniper fex's but this would mean i would be ditching both O.O.E and my 3 zoanthropes which I already have brought and nicely painted(just the fact that i managed to paint something is amazing)

Please help ;o

·
Registered
136 Posts
I would have thought genestealers would have been a good idea. byebye terminators.

You could annoy him as it looks like his army is MEQ so swarm him!8Y (okay recks your army...) get 50 hormagaunts in there and make his life hell, and when the LRC rears it ugly metal head hope the MCs got in position.

Reactions: psichotykwyrm

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
A L.R.Terminus,
Are you playing normal games or Apocalypse? The Land Raider Terminus is an Apocalypse Data-sheet, and you would be well within your rights to not allow its use in a normal game.

Or you can just bring a Heirodule to the table, then watch your friend cry...
(I've seen an old IA-rules Barbed Heirodule in normal games, and its just not fair.)

Anyway, the Terminus is NOT part of the Space Marine codex, and therefore it is only with your permission that it may be used against you. Unless you are in fact playing Apocalypse.

·
663 Posts
My friend and i decided to start playing new armies about at the same time. I chose Nids and he chose Imperial Fists. He playes them very codex, and it works fof him in most if not every game he playes, its basicly 3 tactical squads an assault squad and a devestator squad with some terminators.

I don't beat him every game, its about 50/50. However the strenght of space marines is that they are just effective at what ever they put their mind to. His devistator squad will cripple or possable kill a MC in one turn. However i found that the best way to stop this is get his squads tied in combat with worthless guants. If you can keep them in synaps they can lock a squad in combat for the whole game. this lets your MC take out the free targets with out so much fire from the marines.

I responded to your list and stand by it. Tone down some of the MC and us it for more models on the field. the Nidzilla List is good unless some one is ready for it. Rending is always the answer to MEQ armor but don't over do it.

·
815 Posts
The main problem with a nidzilla list is the lack of numbers. If you bring 10 large nids to the table and you lose 2 a turn, well you won't last 5 turns.

Also, what are you zoans actually doing? I've never found them effective at being offensive. IMHO you really need to tone down the monsterous creatures. Take something like a few small squads of DL-devourer warriors for shooting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.