Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, this is my second post, just trying to further my Eldar knowledge and set-up a good ranged army.

Here is my current setup. Advice on my heavy support choices would be nice as well.

HQ-
Yriel
Farseer w/ doom,mindwar,runes of warding,spiritstone
** 3 Warlocks w/ singing spears, spiritseer and sometimes w/ destructor

Heavy-
5 Dark Reapers w/ exarch + fast shot
Wraithlord w/ bright lance
War Walker w/ starcannon and scatter laser or (5 more dark reapers)

Elites-
6 Fire Dragons w/ exarch + firepike
5 Wraithguards

Transport (listed under elites in codex)-
Wave Serpent w/ shruiken cannon

Troops-
5 Dire Avengers w/ exarch
5 Rangers w/ pathfinder
10 Guardians w/ support weapon (bright-lance or starcannon)

I am ranged-minded and i typically rely on my heavy firepower. I just got the fire dragons for assault and vehicle help.

Any help you can provide would be great!

·
4,967 Posts
Yriel is good in combat but which unit to put him in?

Farseer is good. I would give him a spear and drop the warlocks or split the warlocks up to lead the guardians and wraithguard.

Reapers are fine. 5 without an exarch are also good if the points are a little tight.

Wraithlord: Either get a sword or more commonly a EML as well as the BL as this makes an excellent tank hunter.

War walker: Fine, 2 scatter lasers seems the most efficient for points, arriving on a flank with 8xS6 shots on side or rear armour can be good. Starcannon make good terminator hunters but also attract more fire.

Fire dragons: Drop the exarch as its a complete waste of points. They will need a transport to be effective. Could be a falcon or wave serpent.

Wraithguard: Get a warlock in here otherwise they have to follow the farseer around. A warlock would also allow them to travel in a serpent and go off hunting tanks & terminators.

Dire avengers: Need to be in units of 9-10 and get bladestorm on the exarch or drop him entirely. 152 points 10xDA with exarch, blade storm and 2xASC on him seems the most popular squad loadout and works wonders when combined with doom and/or guide.

Pathfinders are ok but I'm not a great fan.
Guardians can be kept cheap & cheerful or you can give them a conceal warlock and spend a bit more on the gun. Don't put single shot weapons like BLs on them as it doesn't compliment the rest of the squad. Starcannon or scatter lasers are best I think.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Hello, this is my second post, just trying to further my Eldar knowledge and set-up a good ranged army.
Welcome to LO! Plenty of guys here to help you out.

Here is my current setup. Advice on my heavy support choices would be nice as well.

HQ-
Yriel
always a fun choice but could use a combat unit like banshees as a bodyguard
Farseer w/ doom,mindwar,runes of warding,spiritstone
Some people would say doom and guide are best but what you have here is peachy
** 3 Warlocks w/ singing spears, spiritseer and sometimes w/ destructor
I recommend changing these guys up a bit. Destructor is good no objection there. The spirit seer is unnecessary in this unit just a waste. I recommend embolden (to let you re roll psychic tests for the seer) or enhance (if you choose enhance I recommend fortune for the farseer so they can tough out a good long close combat)

Heavy-
5 Dark Reapers w/ exarch + fast shot
the exarch is a bit wimpy as is, consider giving him a special weapon or dropping him all together
Wraithlord w/ bright lance
seems fine but might want to add an EML for more tank hunting
War Walker w/ starcannon and scatter laser or (5 more dark reapers)
these seem fine

Elites-
6 Fire Dragons w/ exarch + firepike
the firepike really isn't necessary, if the entire unit can't shoot something then something went wrong, best to drop the exarch entirely or give him a DBF
5 Wraithguards
these guys could use a spiritseer attached to them

Transport (listed under elites in codex)-
Wave Serpent w/ shruiken cannon
this should be used for the wraithguard if it isn't dedicated for them already

Troops-
5 Dire Avengers w/ exarch
these guys really benefit from being at max size and the exarch is really well used with bladestorm
5 Rangers w/ pathfinder
not a popular choice right now but always worth a try
10 Guardians w/ support weapon (bright-lance or starcannon)
these are best used with multishot weapons because of their generally low BS

I am ranged-minded and i typically rely on my heavy firepower. I just got the fire dragons for assault and vehicle help.
fire dragons are best at taking out heavy infantry like marines :)

Any help you can provide would be great!

Hope you enjoy my suggestions :)

Reactions: sultansean

·
Registered
286 Posts
I agree with the above comments, lose the firepike, and give the dark reaper exarch a missile launcher. With fast shot you can either really hammer an infantry squad or it gives you the chance to pop tanks, if they are coming for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts