10 Chaos Space Marines
Aspiring Champion
Power Fist
Twin-Linked Bolter
Lascannon

Heavy Support

2 Obliterator Cults

500 points flat

Posting this for my friends who recently got their shared chaos codex. They were rather enthusiastic about Lash (which they discovered themselves) and come up with this list, so I hope to see some comments because the rest of us don't have much of a clue about how chaos is played.

Houserules follow the normal rules, meaning unlike combat patrol there are no wargear limits or 2+ save/AV 34 restrictions, however you are only required to have 1 HQ and 1 Troops choice.

Tactics are apparently to abuse Lash to keep melee armies away and shooty armies close, as they are quite strong in both melee and shooting(loads of fists and pistols, monstrous creature for melee, obliterator cult for shooting) and thus want to take advantage of how balanced they are.

·
Now 17% more helpful
2,247 Posts
I would suggest the following alterations to help the theme of the army, and to increase it's effectiveness.

1) Drop the unit of chaos marines. They are too large for a game of this pointage, and with the 2 obliterators, there is no need for another lascannon.

2) Instead get the following units for the same points:

5 Noise Marines:
5 Sonic Blasters

6 Chaos Marines

This will give you 2 fire bases, and with the lash, you will be able to move armies around on your whim.

ninja out

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh right, completely forgot to mention, they also want Khorne Berzerkers and Thousand Sons for their 1k list expansion, so ginger's suggestion of noise marines and the like might not sit well. My bad ginger, but thanks anyway.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts