Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, im thinkin of starting a tau army i was also thinkin of collecting orks but im kinda being sick of being the bad guy all the time because i collect chaos and nids both are very close combaty and i think its time for a change maybe go the good guys and become a shooty player instead so im basically looking for advice on what to get to start my army money isnt really a problem. :) cheers in advance

·
Registered
419 Posts
Bluehorrors said:
hey, im thinkin of starting a tau army i was also thinkin of collecting orks but im kinda being sick of being the bad guy all the time because i collect chaos and nids both are very close combaty and i think its time for a change maybe go the good guys and become a shooty player instead so im basically looking for advice on what to get to start my army money isnt really a problem. :) cheers in advance
Thats easy. Wait till the new battleforce thingy comes out with the new codex. It's cheaper than buying individual units and should cover the basics. But, you can never go wrong with Hammerheads, you'll never find a tau commander that doesnt like hammerheads.

·
Registered
664 Posts
first you should buy a codex,then buy some fire warriors,kroots and hammerheads.these will not change much with new codex coming so you won't lose money.Don't get the batleforce because it has crisis which should change.you can also get devilfish

·
Shrubs for the Blood God
1,144 Posts
In case its not entirely clear from the other posts or if you haven't done a little research into Tau yet the Tau are coming up for a fairly big rework by GW. We'll have a new codex, new units, revamped rules, and some new wepons. This is all supposed to hit the fan sometime in the next couple of months. You might want to hold back a little and wait for that new codex before deciding on Tau. Also, since you want to be shooty have you also looked at Witch Hunters and IG. Both armies, especillay Witch Hunters are pretty cool in their own rights.

·
Registered
148 Posts
since the new codex and models are coming out so soon. I would wait buy the codex and get a battle force. If the have an armypack get that.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanx everybody for your help i will wait for the new codex to come out before i make any decisions on what to get.

thanx again

·
Registered
419 Posts
Sir_Prometheus said:
I think getting the "old" battle force set should be just fine, too. I don't think any of those units will be obsolete.
Well...if theres stealth in there, thats a mixed blessing. Most people hate the new models. I think they could grow on me, personally. If I have relatively few units on the field I want the units I do have to be as intimidating as possible. And other suits suffer from cronic weak ankles. Meh, I dunno.

·
LO Zealot
1,082 Posts
If it was a choice between ork or tau.

Seeing that ork will not get reworked till ages, I'd go tau for the time being.

Tau will let you leave that CC you had from nids. You can still get almost all the models except only a certain few will be changed and new additions will be made. A battleforce, or two is by far my best recommendation in starting a tau army.

I've done it, and it has provided me with a substantial base army to play around with.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts