Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Master of the Crab Women
1,007 Posts
I like them! They're pretty good for a first attempt! :)

They could do with some shading and I am a big fan of inking. That's all I can say really.

It's not a scheme I personally would have gone with but it looks alright.

·
Skeletor=Pimp.
996 Posts
They look great, better than my first attempts lol.

With some inks it'd look way good, inks are the poor man's way of making stuff look good. I found this out recently and I love it.;Y

·
things will change
2,707 Posts
Just so you know, I've merged these posts in a vague attempt to keep the forum a little neater.

Meish, in future if you are posting pics of very similar models, it might be a better idea to post them in a single thread (like this one) rather than multiple threads. This way the people who commented on the first one will be told when you post new things on it (yay for the User CP), and it makes it much easier to see improvements or changes.

As far as the painting goes, these puppies (lawl) could really do with some shading or highlighting, to make them pop slightly. I would reccomend trying out a dark brown wash over the 'flesh' areas, and drybrushing lighter brown over the 'fur' areas.

Something else to consider is basing. Even very simple basing will make a huge difference to the finished model, and really help bring everything together.
Try using some watered down PVA glue to attach sand to the top of the base, leaving it to dry, then brown inking it. After that is dry (more waiting, yay!), drybrush it with a medium grey-brown, then a pale brown. I generally use Graveyard Earth and Bleached Bone.
After that, you could even try some static grass...

-t.

·
Drills baby.
6,481 Posts
Those look great for a first attempt. Smooth colours that covers the areas well and with no spill on the other areas.
The obvious thing to proceed with would be highlighting and shading, as my good man -t pointed out, because these look very good considering how little time you have been painting.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts