Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, First time poster so hopefully this all goes to plan;-)

I was in a game the other day when this situation arose, looking at the book i think i know the answer but want to know how people play it, feel about it and the letter of the law

I was orks, My opponent was space marine. The situation was as follows
in the Ork assault turn i destroyed the bastion his 5 man devastator squad was occupying in, by rolling a six on a penetrating hit which is 'Destroyed explodes' we followed the rules to this with space marines taking hits then passing the pinning test.
and being deployed in the area terrain (crater) that was left behind.

so the difference of opinion was as follows.
i believed that the deploying into the rubble would count as a disembarkation move, and count as moving, and i believed that as it was forced movement outwith his turn he would count as moving in his player turn when it came around and hence could not fire his devastator's heavy weapons.

he believed the restriction on counting as moving would only apply to the rest of the ork turn and as long as he did not move in the space marine player turn then he would be free to fire his heavy weapons.

so the core question being, if you are forced to move in an opponents turn do you count as moving in your own turn regarding firing heavy weapons, rapid firing distance etc. any other input would be welcome as well.

Also should say that i love the forum.
Cheers
S

·
Registered
846 Posts
I had this come up recently too.

But the rulebook on p29 states:
..if any models move, their whole unit counts as
having moved for that turn, and this will prevent
models with heavy weapons from firing even if those
specific models stayed still.

I think the key word here is 'that turn'. And p9 (along with the FAQ) remind us that 'turn' always means player turn.
So in your example, I believe the heavy weapons can shoot as long as they don't move in THEIR player turn. Now if the vehicle was destroyed in his player turn (by friendly fire, etc) then the heavy weapons could not shoot.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Well I am not sure about your situation, but I know with the Lash Of Submission that after I move models and they take there pinning test, and if they survive what ever shots I throw at them. The Heavy Weapons can shoot as long as they do not move in there players turn.

·
1,648 Posts
so the core question being, if you are forced to move in an opponents turn do you count as moving in your own turn regarding firing heavy weapons, rapid firing distance etc. any other input would be welcome as well.
Also should say that i love the forum.
Cheers
S
No. Because the word 'Turn' always means player turn unless otherwise stated. (Page 9). The devastators did not move in their own turn so they are free to fire.

·
Dark Eldar Zealot
3,699 Posts
Hi Guys, First time poster so hopefully this all goes to plan;-)
S
Hi mate and welcome to the forum.

What you will find relevant in the rules are for "the beginning of your movement phase" (page 67 under the heading of Disembarking.)

You are outside of 'your' Movement phase so those rules are irrelevant, and I know of no rules or restrictions that apply outside of it for this scenario.

Cheers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts