Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On pg 79 of the DA codex, it states that "If Belial is in the army, one Deathwing Terminator squad may be upgraded as follows:
-One terminator may be upgraded to an Apothecary equipped with a narthecium/reductor for +30 points"

Can you equip Belial with the Apothecary equipment?

Also, in the old DA Codex there were specific DA standards (Standard of Fortitude, Standard of Retribution, Standard of Devastation) which squads could be upgraded with. These standards yielded specific bonuses once per game after being "called upon". In the new codex, they are mentioned on pg 37 and pictured on pg 58.

Do these standards no longer yield their bonuses and are purely mentioned for fluff or are they hidden somewhere in the codex and I missed it?

Thanks in advance for the help

-Nara

·
2,076 Posts
Eh,

No you can't give Belial any additional equipment, it has to be a generic Terminator (though I suppose it could be a heavy weapon toting one..)

As for the Standards, I think they are just fluff now..

·
2,399 Posts
On pg 79 of the DA codex, it states that "If Belial is in the army, one Deathwing Terminator squad may be upgraded as follows:
-One terminator may be upgraded to an Apothecary equipped with a narthecium/reductor for +30 points"

- He's not part of a terminator squad, so no. P.S.The Apo is well, well worth it - it's just a shame you can't give the standard to another squad (IE Combat squad)

Can you equip Belial with the Apothecary equipment?

- whoops see above

Also, in the old DA Codex there were specific DA standards (Standard of Fortitude, Standard of Retribution, Standard of Devastation) which squads could be upgraded with. These standards yielded specific bonuses once per game after being "called upon". In the new codex, they are mentioned on pg 37 and pictured on pg 58.

- They're there - look under the specific company commanders - Belials adds +1 attack to all combatments in the unit for example. It just stinks that he doesn't have Terminator honours, so point for point has one less attack than a standard smurf. You do get cool troop options mind, and that may well be revisited when they redo the SM codex, so don't be glum.

Do these standards no longer yield their bonuses and are purely mentioned for fluff or are they hidden somewhere in the codex and I missed it?
- whoops again, see above.

As a reminder all your Marines have a LD 10 - even if he's in deep strike limbo

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

- They're there - look under the specific company commanders - Belials adds +1 attack to all combatments in the unit for example. It just stinks that he doesn't have Terminator honours, so point for point has one less attack than a standard smurf. You do get cool troop options mind, and that may well be revisited when they redo the SM codex, so don't be glum.
Not the banners I was talking about but thanks for the help in that regard. Pretty sure Belial does have Terminator honours as he is wearing Termy armor and is Master of the Deathwing. The extra attack is just already included in his profile.

·
2,399 Posts
Not the banners I was talking about but thanks for the help in that regard. Pretty sure Belial does have Terminator honours as he is wearing Termy armor and is Master of the Deathwing. The extra attack is just already included in his profile.
- not in comparison to a standard marine captain of the same LD (and cost) - terminator honours are not mentioned anywhere in the DA book, and vet sgnts and standard terms have +1A in the stat line (in comparison to normal marines) - belial does not.
This convinces me that when they re-do the marine codex, which they should this year (or repeatedly threaten to, however don't hold your breath) they're going to strip Terminator honours, and i'm guessing Wargear will be on character entrys like the DA handbook.

- I'm really just griping now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.