Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
King of Curiosity
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious once again! This time I will be asking what were your best and worst moments with Tomb Kings! Now I believe I've already mentioned my worst moment as tomb kings (stupid flimsy table) but my best would have to be raising my scorpion from the ground, killing my opponent's general, killing his hellblaster, and then chasing his outriders all over the table! My worst moment (gameplay wise) was when I surrounded a unit of goblin spider riders with my 4 Ushabti, my 2 Swarms and my scorpions... and lost them all only to kill 1 SINGLE SPIDER RIDER! My used dice failed me once again :laugh: So what is your best and worst moment playing as tomb kings!

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Hmmm...

Best (or rather, most memorable, moments):
- Having my Priest supported SSC single handedly see off 1500pts of Brets. T3 surrender. Think i lost one Chariot.
- Casket about to be charged by a Bret Hero on Pegasus. He fails Terror and flees the other way... off the board :p
- Old One on Carnosaur charges my King and his skellies. They fluff it, King responds by killing the OO, Carnosaur doesnt break. Carno breaks and flees and is promptly run down.
- Skellies beating a (HoC) fully pimped combat mage Lord of Tzeentch on Disc in combat and running him down! yeah skellies!

Worst (most epic fail or frustrating):
- Tourney HE player targets my Chariots with a template spell on T2 Uses the spells wording to partial my Hiero, who dies. Game over, very dull...
- Chariots charge Krox (who are also flanked by old VC ghouls) Chariots fluff everything and get splintered in return. Ghould prob wouldve won the combat if i hadnt charged...
- Prince and his Chariots charge a giant. Rubber weapons bounce off :p and they die fast :(

Gonna add things to this as i think of them.

Keep the new thread ideas coming Al! :)

·
Registered
314 Posts
Hi Al! My worst moment was when I sold my Tomb Kings on Ebay. I was in love with Bretonnians and thought I would fund my new army by selling the Tomb Kings. Wow, I miss them... No break tests, causing fear, saying 'Rise from your graves'! and throwing handfuls of skellies back onto the table.

My best moment was almost beating the best Fantasy player I know with a Queen Khalida led army. Some people seem to think TKs are outdated somehow, but we know they can put up a fight, and often win! What a game it was, so much fear and terror and raising the dead, the whole army did it's best for Khalida, it will always be one of my most favorite games ever!

Frankie

·
King of Curiosity
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Aw that's too bad Francois! I know I would miss my tomb kings! It's like a baby losing their pacifier! Anyway I tried brets but I never got too interested in them, they felt a little dull to me, but I dunno I guess different armies are meant for different people. Khalida lists are always fun (lot's of poisoned attackes) :) So I'll bet being in a battle with such a good player must have been intense! What kind of army did this person play though? Hope you get some more tomb kings in the future (possibly when they get updated)

---------- Post added at 01:07 ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 ----------

Hey Phoenix! Epic fail moments always make for a good laugh, but dull games can just be frustrating (and in all truthfulness those are the worst moments) That liche priest must've been one powerful son of a ***** because taking on a whole army with an SSC is no easy task! That Bretonian guy sounds like a pansy! :laugh: Also, hooray for skellies! I'll try to keep coming up with new thread topics! (they seem to keep things interesting for the non-new players) In fact I already have another "favorite" topic in my head but I'll save it for when this thread gets dull! Maybe I should make my new title "king of curiosity" instead of "owner of used, bad dice" what do you think?

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Best: Playing local power gamers beastmen, get first turn, SSC panics beastherd with all four characters who flee off the board. He just gave up. Asked to start the game again. I wasn't having that, so he just took all his models an went home. ridiculous.

Worst: Playing against local store managers wood elves, its a tight game. Manage to get Tomb King with DOE an tomb guard entourage into combat with Treeman towards end of the game. Start knocking chunks out of it, but it fails its leadership an flees into woods but i dont catch it an get caught up in woods. stuck there, end up being rear charged and eaten by wild riders. argh.

·
King of Curiosity
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, it seems that fear has served you both favorably and negatively. Fear is one of the most fun parts of Tomb Kings so it's always fun to see your opponents run away peeing their pants! I think I may have fallen into the trap of following a unit into enemy territory and getting flank charged as well!

·
LO Zealot
1,503 Posts
My best and worst moment reside in the same game.

Best: A lucky catapult shot kills a whole unit of six Grail Knights. A nearby trebuchet and 30 man skirmishing archer unit fail their panic checks for the loss and flee off the table, all in the first turn.

Worst: That same game, my whole army is totally decimated by my opponent who has a combat res monster of a knight lance whose standard has the War Banner, plus the BSB with the Banner of the Lady, Virtue of Duty and a chop em up Bretonnian Lord. Meeting combat with my 30 skeletons led by a Tomb King, going in combat res 1 to 7, plus all the wounds - sees my unit destroyed in one go, and then an overrun into my Casket and Catapult. Then it's just clean up from there.

Lesson to be learned: Never give up.

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Best: Playing local power gamers beastmen, get first turn, SSC panics beastherd with all four characters who flee off the board. He just gave up. Asked to start the game again. I wasn't having that, so he just took all his models an went home. ridiculous.
Lmao. Yet more proof that power gamers are idiots. Anyone that puts all four characters in a single unit deserves to have that happen, especially if they're playing Beastmen!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Well, I haven't had a lot of "OH SH!T" or "F*%K yeah!!" moments, but I'll see what I can come up with...

Worst moment

Playing an orcs and goblins player, he's rolling for animosity. On his squig hoppers he rolls a 6. They move 6 inches in the direction of my chariots, directly in the opposite corner of the table. He then rolls to move them normally (3d6 movement) Rolls 3 6's, and them squig herders come bounding into my chariots from across the board in one turn. I thought I lost the game right there :(

Best moment....

Hm....probably killing an ogre players general in turn 1 due to a well aimed SSC shot (d6 wounds ftw!) and him not having a lookout gnoblar!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Best: Sniping Karl Franz on a dragon with a SSC; Rolling box cars for my Casket against Orcs & Goblins (he quit that turn)

Worst: Dropping my SSC; A unit of archers were beaten by Skaven Slaves

·
King of Curiosity
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's okay if your moments aren't the most amazing, (my best moment isn't exactly the best anyone has ever done) we're just here to share! Anyway that sounds like a pretty good shot on the enemy general! Also, it's a sad day for other players when O & G get lucky, but that's the play style of Orcs & Gobs!

---------- Post added at 21:15 ---------- Previous post was at 21:14 ----------

Grrr... I'm sorry it's just I hate the assembly process of the SSC excuse me while I bang my fists against a wall because of the difficulty of metal models. "Curse you GW, CURSE YOU!!!!"

·
Tomb King
671 Posts
Best:
vs VC - Turn 1 Casket rolls 11 and wipes out 7 of 9 Knights who had gotten more than 12" from thier General, securing my flank and eventually winning me the game.
Vs Skaven - Skullapults forcing him to retreat again and again due to failed leadership tests with his units running through other units, then rallying and coming back, andthen fleeing again from the next shot, etc. It made for a very funny game.

Worst:
vs WE - Turn 1 Hierophant got sniped by magic, yeah magic. I was out of dice and didn't expect her to have taken that rare (and seemingly useless and chancy) item. Sneaky elves.
vs VC - Skullapult scattered max distance onto Prince in Chariot. :(

·
Registered
282 Posts
Had my best and worst yesterday, played 3 games vs my friends orcs. First match shooting takes out most of his wolf riders (his fastest unit that usually rushes me), catapult lands on his black orcs they panic through both his bolt throwers which panic and most of his army runs off the board without me even starting my normal shooting phase :p.
Second game catapult shot lands directly on his warboss who fails look out sir and goes splat, his wolf riders fail animosity first 2 turns in a row and his shaman misfires :p game was over by about 3rd turn.

Worst moment for me though was getting home, taking my SSC out of its box, dropping it and having its snap clean in half just after the skeleton stand frame things rib cage :S

·
RAWR! KROXIGOR!!
1,935 Posts
I'm not a Tomb King player myself. But my most memorable moments against them are;

Best

• Pulling off a Steed of Shadow and Crown of Tadrion combo with my level 2 Chaos Dwarf sorcerer. I killed the Hierophant who was hiding behind the TKs hill bunker, and a second liche hiding in a wood :dance:
  • 6.5 Edition Lizardmen Oldblood JSoD erning 800 victory points on his own through killing 2 units of Chariots, the Tomb Prince general (on chariot) and capturing the 2 banners.

Worst

• After all my scroll caddies had been murdered by Scorpians, having every TK unit move and attack twice each turn.
  • Deploying a lone skink priest in a building deep in my deployment zone to give him good line of sight for heavens magic, -2 cover for shooting and being along way from the battle (30" from the TK deployment zone). First turn a unit of 10 TK archers moves 4" forward, urgencies 4" more, shoots with no modifiers and kills him :disapointed:

·
Registered
48 Posts
I had my best moment(s) today. 1500 pt TK vs Empire. His GC destroys my SSc first turn, then I res it, he then destroys it again then in my second turn both scorpions and my TS come up and both his GC's and his hellblaster crew flee and both units of his handgunners lose combats and flee allowing me to charge his swordsmen in the front with skellie/prince regiment and i nthe flank with a chariot/prince regiment. oh and I raised my SSC again that turn and it went on to batter the crap out of his spearmen and kossars. in the end he had one war machine crew rallied and his 16 kossars. Everything was either fleeing or dead. I lost 4 SW and 2 SA. ... I won.

·
Registered
259 Posts
a couple of bad moments against Kroak.....i fire everything i ave at the other slann unit(yes 2 slann) but tey save everything thanks to the engines ward save. they reach my line.......Area of effect magic, Deliverance of itza and Burning alignment reduces my army to dust.

best moment also against kroak (second game). both scorpions arrive turn 2, both rear charge kroaks unit and hold himthere for 5 turns!!!not combats....TURNS!!!

also in the same game he lets the basket go off for the first time....heres what happened.

7 wounds on the 4 terradons
one dead kroxigor
the rest of his skirmishing skinks die or run off
5 ld9 saurus protecting the second slann die
1 dead Engine crew, and 4 wounds from the steg!!!!
Dead priest with diadem

he saved 3 dice for it after that!

oh yeah my tomb guard with king with DoE walks through 5 Cold one Cavalry, the slann unit and then kills all of kroaks temple guard (with help from he one scorpion still there on one wound!)

·
Registered
48 Posts
a couple of bad moments against Kroak.....i fire everything i ave at the other slann unit(yes 2 slann) but tey save everything thanks to the engines ward save. they reach my line.......Area of effect magic, Deliverance of itza and Burning alignment reduces my army to dust.

best moment also against kroak (second game). both scorpions arrive turn 2, both rear charge kroaks unit and hold himthere for 5 turns!!!not combats....TURNS!!!

also in the same game he lets the basket go off for the first time....heres what happened.

7 wounds on the 4 terradons
one dead kroxigor
the rest of his skirmishing skinks die or run off
5 ld9 saurus protecting the second slann die
1 dead Engine crew, and 4 wounds from the steg!!!!
Dead priest with diadem

he saved 3 dice for it after that!

oh yeah my tomb guard with king with DoE walks through 5 Cold one Cavalry, the slann unit and then kills all of kroaks temple guard (with help from he one scorpion still there on one wound!)
Damn. Brutal.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts