Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to find the best and biggest case for my dollar. I was leaning towards Battle Foam but haven't really gotten a handle on what the trays and cases actually look like. What do you all use for cases?

·
Ender of Threads
1,306 Posts
I've got a PACK 432, and I'm really pleased with it. I used to use a Sabol case and while it was good, over time its weaknesses started to show: the pluck foam trays are structurally weak, and the bag itself relies mainly on the foam to support itself. Battlefoam has much sturdier, solid trays and the case itself has rigid plates in the sides, supporting and shielding the contents instead of the other way around. The material feels really nice, and there's just as much pocket space as any other case out there.

Their pre-cut trays are a wonderful alternative to generic foam trays or pluck foam, but only if your models fit the spaces. I've already had a few models that ended up taking a much larger slot because the generic one didn't fit the way I built them. Of course, that's where the custom cut option comes in.

The vertical loading style (you lay the case on its back and pull the trays out the top, when upright, the trays are standing on their thin edges) takes some getting used to, but it works just fine.

And hey - don't just take my word on it... Jake loves it, too!! (took me forever to get the fuzz out of there...:cute:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts