Librarium Online Forums banner

Whitch is the best army (sos but only 10 allowed in poll)

• Eldar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dark eldar

• Orks

• Chaos space marines

• Space marines

• Trynids

• Imperial gaurd

• Sisters of battle

• Deamon hunters

• Neecrons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Best Army

3K views 39 replies 31 participants last post by  Blackhat 
#1 ·
:unsure: B) :rolleyes: :D :wacko: :unsure: :( :angry: :ph34r:
please state why

#4 ·
I voted orks because I think there are way to few ork players out there.

As for the real question it depends on your playing style and what you're going for. If you don't have much cash and you want an easy army to paint I'd go with Space Marines or Chaos Space Marines (and to an extent Eldar).

However, my advice would be to go with the army you think is coolest. There's no fun in playing with an army that you don't really like.

#5 ·
There is no best army. Each army has its own strenghts and weaknesses, one is better in mission A, the other one is better in mission B.
Of course, there are some lists which are slightly stronger than others, a perfect balance is impossible to achieve. But no-one should choose an army because it is stronger than others. People should choose an army because they like its style, not it's relative strenght compare to others. If someone wants to win at all cost and he only plays for winning, then he IMHO misunderstood the point of a game, and he also could ask his friends to allow him to field 2000pts while they only field 1500pts. Winning is fun, but not if you know that you had to win, because you started from a superior position. I'd rather be the one who plays 1500pts against someone else's 2000pts, because then it's a challenge. I might have a win ratio of 1:5 then, but that single victory is much more fun for me than the sum of the five victories were for my opponent.

jwu

#7 ·
Originally posted by BorninDarkness@May 3 2003, 15:05
I shall not vote! ArchonAstaroth saved me some time by apparently having the same opinion as me :p .
Ooh, BorninDarkness saved me time in that now I don't even have to mention that I agree completely with ArchonAstaroth, he's already done it!:) Wait...doh!!

#10 ·
Originally posted by BorninDarkness@May 3 2003, 18:21
Suns you should've said what me and LR said! That would probably make for the most ridiculous thread ever... though fun!
I don't know, it would have some pretty stiff competition for "most rediculous thread ever"... :D

#15 ·
Personally I think Tau are the best army for the way I like to play... but since the thing at the top said what do I think the best army is for a Newbie (and I thus assume, to start with), I voted for Space Marines. They're comparatively cheap, points-to-cash wise, there is a massive array of potential colourings, they don't need advanced rules... or even need you to worry about cover, mostly. Plus, they're also pretty forgiving no matter what tactics you use with them.

Of course, there's always room to just pick an army because you like the way they look, and quietly ignore things like price, codex and playability... <raises my hand> ;)

#16 ·
I choose Space Marines, not because I feel they are the best army in the game(there is no such thing), but because they are the best for a new player, due to thier ease of play and thier well rounded ablilities. After playing them and learning the game one can then look to the other armies that suit you and your style of play. But then again its all up to you to choose. I started with Guard and now play Space Marines, but with the release of the plastic Cadians I will go back to the Guard.

DEATH TO ALL THOSE THAT OPPOSE THE EMPEROR!!!!!!

#17 ·
I chose Tau :rolleyes: as my first army to start with -- i loved them cos of their defensive tactics -- from about two months ago i'v also built an IG army and now I'm focusing on the good' old "Great Devourer", the Tyranids :D . I'v personally found that Imperial Guard are the best army to win with (all those nice, shiny boomsticks :rolleyes: on your basalisks...), although 'nids :p distract your opponent quite well also

#18 ·
Yeah I agree with Astaroth and BorninDarkness. There is no "best army", and it should all be according to your taste. I myself have sold my eternal soul to the Ruinous Powers of the Warp, because I LOVE the new minis! It should be what your favorites are, not what the best is.

#22 ·
I vote Necrons. Why? Here's why:

#1, 3+ armour saves all round, just like Marines.

#2, Nasty guns. I despise Gauss weaponry.

#3, The only model with wargear is the Lord, so newbies can't get as confused with wargear as they would if they played, say, Eldar.

#4, No real tactics required. Straight down the middle, and deep strike the Monolith!

#5, They have a primary juggernaut of a vehicle which is everything rolled into one.

#6, No real painting skills required to make them look okay. How many times have you spent days and days painting up a spectacular looking 2,000 point army when some newbie comes in with a Necron army of equal size painted in a single evening!

#7, Most of them can get back up after being knocked down. Need I say more?

#25 ·
I would think would be a more difficult army to play because the list is filled with many nuances. There are so many things to choose from those lists and so many models to put together and paint, I still think Space marines is the best army to start with. Very forgiving if accidents are made and fewer models to be ready to play a decent game with.

#26 ·
well the best army for anyone to learn to play is undoubtably space marines. but as for best army what ever floats your boat is what you should collect.

Blood for the Blood God!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.