Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
With out a doubt, Dark Reapers. mmm shooty. In my most recent game, I had a 5 man squad led by an Exarch. They sat on top of a bunker the entire game. Pretty useless tactic you might say, but did I mention the pool Table I play on is only about 3 by 6 foot? It left my opponent with a flank he couldnt use and many dead CSM's to boot.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Yeah I highly agree, Fire dragons are good too, especially for the fear of god they put into SM and CSM commanders.
A ten man squad of shooty death, leaving only calcified death in their wake.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Dire Avengers are pretty cool, but I like Banshees the best, mainly cause they look pretty frail and weak and then they proceed to carve up hard ass troops. I know lotsa players that are terrified of the things.

But the ultimate Aspect was 2nd ed. Warpspiders.... Those buggers were a freakin pain in the ass!!

·
Registered
770 Posts
okay Im going to be really controversial and say that Striking spears are my favourite - the exarch hits with a bright lance on a 2+, has an inv 3+ save and can let all his squad reroll difficult terrain tests. couple that with twin-linked shuriken catapults that hit twice for every jetbiker on a 3+, with rerolls.... I can see no downside, theyre worth every point...

·
Registered
2 Posts
HOWLING BANSHEES
howling banshees are the best aspect warriors ever
with power weapons and 3 attacks each when u charge thatsc awsome
if u have 4-6 banshees and an exarch thats 16-22 attacks with no saves

so if u use them properly and charge at say a squad of 10 space marines you have to do some sirous damage :lol: :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yeah bro but if you are versings some dude with lots of low armoured troops you would want scorpoins the models are cool. But i reackon The Dark Reapers have to be the most useful. Killing everything in range and in one game helped take down a khorne berzerker squad. They are the reapers of the Death wahahahaha

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would go for the fire dragons

i played a game once and six of my fire dragon encountered about 12 terminators
i destroyed them all and i kept all of my fire dragons

so fire dragons are the way to go
the do :w

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have to say dark reapers. Their the best in my army.

·
Keeper of Records and Ale
10,982 Posts
I've got to go with Striking Scorpions. For me the amount of attacks and the higer S is more useful than the others, and the higher Save means they can take as good as they give. Also add in the Exarch and they can infiltrate and he can get extra S, not to mention the weapons he can have. The biting blade is great against models with lots of W's and the Scorpion's Claw is great for the instant kills and the added punch. And they can be equiped with Haywire grenades, thus turning them into a caple anti-tank squad.

The only thing that lets the SS down is the fact they can't fleet of foot, other than that IMO the best aspect unit.

But the next best i Howling Banshees. The power weapons are great but it's the lack of S to use them that lets them down I think. Although a Exarch with acrobatic and Executioner can cause some serious damage, it's just a pity you can't add Powerblades to that. But they can fleet of foot and always strike first in first combat round, this makes them a good support unit. Other than that I would always use these (after the scorpions of course).

But the downside is their low S and save, I would never let these loose against high save units withoutthe backup of a storm squad, another aspect squad or even a defender squad.

·
Registered
113 Posts
i like warp spiders agains gaurd cuz once there in colse combat u can kill there hole army

also fire dragons cuz u can kill terminators wit dem and tanks not to mention to fire pike

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.