Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this thread has been posted before, but I didn't see one.

You know them when they happen. Those moments in games that could only happen while playing the good old O&G.

I was watching a friendly match at my local hobby store, and had to report the top two moments from the game.

1. Goblin Doom Diver Catapult misfires on a 5. The goblin is sent skidding along the ground where it hits (and kills) a riderless Manticore.

2. The Orc player's Night Goblin Shaman miscasts on a spell and loses all his levels. During the opposing player's turn, he uses his Dispel Scroll and then takes a wound from an enemy wizard's spell. The Orc player now has a single naked Night Goblin running around the board. Except this one is about 110 points.

Do you guys have great Orcish moments? I'm kind of excited to see some.

Freemustard

·
Registered
497 Posts
I played some six years ago or so, and in the 8ed just three games so far, but I loved when my Pump Wagon (of which I forgot for most of the game, didn't even move it) charged in the flank of Mortis Engine that was fighting my Warboss and Great Shaman. Whole army was destroyed by that time, I think those were my three very last models. The Wagon, a small, yet unpainted thing, crashed into this big deadly thing and dealt four Wounds, which allowed my General to finish it.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Nothing like fanatics busting out of a unit due to panic and laying waste to a unit of night goblins next to it causing them to shoot their fanatics into the unit with skarsnik and causing them to panic and throw fanatics and then panicking through all the other fanatics and making me loose before my first turn. Yay!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Andy, They are not released on panic.

My favorite was when I deployed 20 Ng bowz within 2" of a watchtower. Do to animosity rolls they took 4 turns to get in the watchtower. I think they were scared of the small skeleton on the side of the tower.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts