Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a thread to see if any of you had ever inherited an army

When my mate left to go to sunny old England I got his 1200pt ( 2nd ed. ) Darkangels army and a 3rd ed. boxed set all for the bargain basement price of
Aus $2 ( he needed money for a chicken kebab )

not bad eh?

Anyone else got a story like this

·
Registered
278 Posts
Originally posted by Moncs@Jun 26 2003, 15:21
all for the bargain basement price of
Aus $2 ( he needed money for a chicken kebab )
Well, when you pay anything for it, it probobly doesn't count as inheriting it as much as buying.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Ill give you $1.85 for the Boxed set, it'll go nicley with my 1200 point Dark Angels Army, lol. I was wondering where my Dark Angels came from.

·
Venerable Old One
1,510 Posts
Heh. Good luck to you. You'd be more likely to squeeze blood out of a stone.

·
Registered
301 Posts
You misunderstand, I ment get GW stuff from a friend or something as a gift. No way would GW give lots of free stuff out. They would have to be pretty drunk and/or stoned to do something like that.
BTW, I did squeeze blood from a rock once, or was that just my blood? :D

·
1,019 Posts
Free stuff?
hmm....

My friend once gave me three Chaos Terminators, unassembled, unpainted for free (and no it wasnt my birthday).
Also another friend gave me some of the old chaos marines and some old 40k orks (they look very silly).
Also (although it wasnt free) i got a whole IG army for 1700 icelandic krona (22 dollars)...good deal if ya ask me.

Ahhh, my dream is to be let into the GW store room for one hour (one day preferrably, but i could live with one hour).
And then to hear someone say:

"Take what you like..."

Eeep! :lol: That would be gr8! :D

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Back in '97, I think, White Dwarf Australia had a competition where whoever won, won every single 40k miniature that had ever been produced. Then a few years later, they had a competition to win a 5000 point army. The guy who won had his picture in White Dwarf holding at least 10 IG tanks, now thats a competition I'd like to win.

·
Registered
360 Posts
competition to win a 5000 point army
Yeah, I could see them making 5 "special edition" models, each worth 1000 points each and the same size as a standard space marine and then saying "Here's your army."

Hey, that's what I would do if I were a money hungry company with a monopoly on a series of board games B)

And yeah... I'd love to be left alone in a GW factory for an hour....

And of course, sadly, I've never gotten any "freebies" other than a birthday set :)

I work hard for the money!....just to spend it all on minis!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
dammit now I've got that she works hard for the money song stuck in my head.
and no it wasn't five minis. Like I said he had about ten tanks in the photo. Troops weren't as cheap in 2nd ed. as they are in 3rd ed. but back then a 5000 point army was still pretty huge.
Back in the day my Eldar were over 4000 pts and I think Tofudebeasts Chaos army came to over 5 - 6000 pts
( which I knocked onto the floor and havn't been allowed to forget since )

·
Registered
360 Posts
I wasn't saying that they DID do that, I was commenting on the fact that their ... "shrewdness" might lead them to do something like that. I know they wouldn't really but it was a humorous thought :D

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've got a really old rogue trader mini, it's from when the symbol of the Imperium was a bunch of lightning bolts and not the two headed eagle we all know it as today.
( yeah I got it free to )

·
Registered
360 Posts
Wow, a Warhammer club at school? That seems unheard of :huh:

·
Registered
770 Posts
lots of schools run clubs like that over here, and apparently so too in the UK... maybe ya should just ask yer principal!

·
DING
1,740 Posts
STOP THE PRESS, HOLD THE FRONT PAGE, I GOT MINIS FROM GW FOR FREE, YES YOU READ ME RIGHT FOR FREE.
It happened like this, I was ordering six eldar rangers from mail order but they got my order wrong and sent me six SM scouts. I rang up to complain and they sent me the six eldar rangers free of charge and let me keep the sm scouts. Thanks very much GW another totally satisfied customer.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sweet I've been thinking recently about adding some rangers to my Eldar army.
Here's hoping they make the same mistake twice. :p

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.