Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So in regards to the new Battle Missions book, there was a kill teams tournament today. A celebration if you will. It made me wonder what's the best list possible you could field at that level (200 points, consisting of 0-1 elite, 0-1 fast attack, and 0-2 troops). Keep in mind each model is individual so 5 scouts for example are 5 seperate scouts. Now I actually ended up winning with Dark Eldar. (yay wyches each having seperat combat drugs thanks to being individuals) My list was:10 warriors2Xdark Lances-blaster6 Wyches-Blaster Top it! I'd love to see what crazy things you can come up with :)

·
Registered
390 Posts
Sly Marbo

Special weapon team
x3 snipers

Special weapon team
x3 snipers

Scout Sentinel

or
Sly Marbo

Special weapon team
x3 snipers

Veteran Squad
x3 snipers
rest of squad with shotguns

·
2,076 Posts
Deathwatch Kill Team
Captain with power weapon and hellfire rounds
Veteran with powerfist and hellfire rounds
Marine with Heavy Bolter
2 Marines with hellfire rounds

200 points.

Veteran Squad w/ 3 Plasma guns power fist
Marbo

·
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
in terms of tau the better lists are:

11 fire warriors
pirhana
(can't remember upgrades, let alone if there were any.)

or

10 kroot with a shaper
10 kroot hounds
Krootox
(think there was more, but it was another good list)

·
Ender of Threads
1,306 Posts
A squad of 4 Grey Knight Terminators could cause some real pain in a kill team setting. Better not fail any armour saves, though!

·
1,206 Posts
Oh I'm with blue system on this, by a long way. In a game with very few models and comparatively large amounts of scenery crisis suits are horrifically unbalanced. I played a game where my guard never even got to see an opponent. Crisis jumped out, shot a guardsman, then hid. My turn, no LOS to anything, turn 2, same thing. Repeat until my whole army is dead. Crisis have long range, the ability to move as fast as almost any other unit and need never be in LOS during their opponents turn.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
The problem with that is that Fire Warriors are a 1+ requirement for Tau, which means his list isn't actually legal.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
7 Sternguard Veterans 5 with Combi Plasma

10 Plasma shots would be more than enough to deal with any elite troops or AVs that can be bought in a game this size while the Special Ammunition and extra attack can deal with anything else.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Furioso /w blood talons + heavy flamer

3x death company

Or

Furioso /w blood talons + heavy flamer

1x attack bike /w multi-melta

First one is more fluffy, though the 2nd one works better with the dreadnought by picking off anti-tank weapons for him (remember each model acts individually). I'm yet to meet a 200pt list that could deal with a AV13 model that can pick off power-fist models in close combat before they can attack (they can't hide behind a body of 9 troops remember) Killing it at ranged is hard enough especially with the attack bike firing off multi-melta shots at you.

"death company and a plastic converted furiso dreadnought" who would have thought I could actually use the models I just painted for fun? :D

·
1,206 Posts
10 Plasma shots would be more than enough to deal with any elite troops or AVs that can be bought in a game this size while the Special Ammunition and extra attack can deal with anything else.
Only if they can see them, crisis suits are able to hop in and out of LOS dead spots, taking pot shots at them without being shot at in return

·
Registered
36 Posts
im not sure if this is a legal list or whatever, but it sounds good to me...

3x Thousand Sons
1x Aspiring Sorcerer - Bolt of Change
1x Rhino - combi melta

grand total of 199 pts.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts