Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The Demagogue
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
This is just a quick question about the easiest to paint and model building material, I have been making hills from junk styrofoam around my house and it's kind of frustrating and i dont know how it will hold up to painting. Does anyone have any good types of styrofoam or building materials that they use and the best way to model/paint them?

·
Registered
303 Posts
If you have fun while making the stuff, just about everything is easy to use :yes:

I wasn't totally sure if I wanted to get into making Warhammer Terrain or not because I wasn't sure I could make it realish or not. I'm still finishing a lot of my pieces, but I have some awesome walls made from plaster just laying around, some nice rough terrain pieces from just junk that looks like rocks and stuff, and a pretty impressive building, consitering I build it from a cardboard box, some plastic sprues and sand.

I hear most foam stuff works really well. I just bought a huge sheet of insulation board myself (the pink stuff). That'll be fun :shifty:

·
Registered
156 Posts
With junk styrofoam, use a wire brush, then sand it down when you get the rough shape of whatever you want. Then coat it in epoxy or something if you want it to be particularly hard, or just paint and flock.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts