Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
The Pacifist Wargamer
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Regardless of whether you cheered for the Pats or the Giants, I'll have to say this was easily the best Super Bowl ever!

The storylines were all there, classic David vs. Goliath.

The defensive, low-scoring nature, and all the fourth quarter lead changes made this one an adrenaline rush to just watch!

Bravo Giants.

Sorry Pats, I guess it still takes two seasons to win nineteen games.

·
ISIS Secret Agent Squishy
1,875 Posts
that was one hell of a good game....just wish I'd been in the stadium to experience it.

Yesterday I was predicting Pats by 3, but I'm more than happy to be wrong after that game

·
The Pacifist Wargamer
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Vegas line was Pats by 13 or something.

I think the Pats began to believe some of their own hype and were surprised that the Giants decided to actually put up a fight. That's what happens when you get to big for your boots, I guess.

·
durus
2,578 Posts
I have to admit, i picked the Giants, but regardless a great game it was!!!!!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, I hate the Patriots and Brady just got his pearly smile smashed in!!!!!!!:drinking:

ARRRGGGGGYYAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whew, i'm getting better slowly:0

·
Sir Proofreader
4,251 Posts
What did I hear someone say about it?

"The incredible art of cramming 60 minutes of sport into 6 hours of television..."

I think you and me might be getting ourselves into trouble here, Cyric!

·
The Pacifist Wargamer
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The game itself may or may not have been the best ever, but I think the storylines around the game, in addition to the game itself made it great.

The younger brother validating his position and escaping his brother's shadow.
The undefeated Patriots chasing an unprecedented 19-0 season.
Those same Patriots, by virtue of their unpleasant demeanor, making themselves the single most hated team since the Oakland Raiders of the 1970's.

In all honesty, I think the Patriots began to believe their own hype. Sure, they're professionals and all, but you can only tell someone that they're immortal so many times before they begin to believe it. The Giants came out with a fury the Patriots couldn't match and were apparently not informed that this wasn't supposed to be a game, but the coronation of the Patriots.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I was fortunate enough to be able to go to the game with my father, and we are both die hard patriot fans and have been forever. Even though i was rather devastated about the loss i am glad I had the experiance. The patriots weren't intense like usual, and just didn't seem like they had any energy left in the tank. But, i do believe the patriots will come back next year with a vengeance, they are mad at themselves and the game, and will have another run next year. I'm not saying they will go undefeated but they will come back next year with a massive chip on their shoulder.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I love football!! It's the sport I enjoy watching the most. Yesterday was a blast, today I paid for it :X

I only hate 2 teams in football. The patriots are one of them!

I loved seeing Brady losing and Belicheck all upset after the game.

Go Giants!

Lanny May

·
The Pacifist Wargamer
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I currently live in the Boston area and I'm not a Pats fan, as you may be able to tell from my avatar. All season long I've had to listen to the loudmouthed Pats fans act without a shred of grace or composure, while the team itself quickly became thoroughly unlikeable. There is such a thing as being a sore winner.

All the good will they won in the 2001 season when they were a unified, professional and understated squad was dashed by a cavalcade of poor sportsmanship.

Coming in to work on Monday just to see all the Patriots' fans shuffle around with this glazed, stunned look in their eyes was entirely worth it.

Boston sports fans, in general, have been acting like the cock-of-the-walk for a little too long now, with the success of the Red Sox and the current success of the Celtics. Every so often something like this is needed to remind the fans to be grateful for their success and not to rub everyone else's nose in it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.