Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering what your Raviner has done for you.

I was playing a staff in my last staff challange. It was a capture & hold. all my 'nids moved up the board with my raviner in the back. The staff member started to shoot at the darn thing like mad with all his might...lol that was the stupidest thing i've ever saw.. in the end i charged in with my brood lord VS his ...Chaplin? and got 2 sixes. the chaplin had a invuinable save of..i think 5+ and missed both...4 wounds just because my raviner was being shot at...in the end the raviner was kinda useless but a great help..(btw my brood lord has Implant Attack)

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
What Raveners do best for me is distract my enemies. They see a Ravener and its five Rending attacks and immediately feel rather unsafe.

·
The Love Muffin
1,830 Posts
Hive Mek said:
I had one ravener, scytals and rending claws.

Charged a squad of 5 terminators.

Killed them all.
Just like that.
In one go, all dead.
For some reason, I doubt that.

My best kill was drawing blood from my foot when I placed one on the floor and forgot about it.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Black Katalyst said:
For some reason, I doubt that.

My best kill was drawing blood from my foot when I placed one on the floor and forgot about it.
huh nice one*cough*idoit*cough*AHEM.jk but yeah usally if its a single raviner its usally a distraction but if more.. a good way to get you 'fex in there if they don't care about a 'fex. but they usally do so..*wine*heh wine...iam so tired...:blink:

·
Supreme Evil Overlord
4,873 Posts
Best I had was when they were able to atatck the flank of a SM army and killed about half his army for 4 turns, guess that shows what happens when you get to fixated with big MC walking straight towards you.
I've also had a unit of 6 raveners whipe the floor with a mob of 30 orks, they killed over 20 orks in a single round, wjiping out the entire 2"killzone, orks lose the cc, fail their Ld and mob size check and are then brought down by the raveners initiatieve.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Dreachon said:
I've also had a unit of 6 raveners whipe the floor with a mob of 30 orks, they killed over 20 orks in a single round, wjiping out the entire 2"killzone, orks lose the cc, fail their Ld and mob size check and are then brought down by the raveners initiatieve.
Well, you really kicked them, but you also made a little error: once no enemy models are left in base contact, you can't perform a Sweeping Advance.

·
Registered
278 Posts
mmm I've not been too lucky with my ravs (I have to proxy as I only have one), but on the other hand, he's managed to kill a necron lord and a necron lord with destructor body, in two separate games, just to die to massed gauss fire the next round.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts