Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased another box of Sisters today, and was wondering what would be the best way to use them. I've come up with 2 possibilities.

First Possibility: use it at as on-foot squad of Battle Sisters.

Second Possibility: use it as on-foot squad of Celestians.

Which of these is more effective? (and if you want more info about what else in my army, I can post that, just ask)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Personally with my box sets I use them for multiple squads.

The troops without helmets and the sister superior I keep as basic troops. The flamer goes towards a Dominion squad and the helmeted stormbolter and regular bolter go to Celestians. Blister packs help to round this all out.

Basically my troops are all unhelmeted and generally with SBs and anything else gets split into Celestian, Dominion and Retributor.

But if you're asking what should you field next with the box set? Well that depends on what you have so far.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok well here's what I've got so far:

- Canoness

- 3 squads of Sisters in Rhinos

- Seraphim Squad

- 2 exorcists (one is still being assembled, the other is painted)

- Retributor Squad

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MiketehFox said:
Ever think of Dominions?
*lightbulb comes on* Ah, Dominions! The only thing is I'd need to go buy another Rhino. Although now that I think about it, that might be kinda nice. :yes:

·
932 Posts
IATFP said:
*lightbulb comes on* Ah, Dominions! The only thing is I'd need to go buy another Rhino. Although now that I think about it, that might be kinda nice. :yes:

AN Immolater with the Heavy Flamers and a Dominion Squad with 4 Meltas can handle a wide range of opponents. :)

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
the ultima fiery death squad is 6 dommy's in a immolater with heavy flamers and promethium then 4 flamers on the dommy's and a combi-flamer and brazier on the vss it's relativly cheap and with dg nigh invincible

·
Registered
957 Posts
I'm going through a little Celestian Renaissance period, myself.
So I'll suggest Celestians. Paint them distictively and you can use them as either Dominions or Celestians.

My Celestian Renaisssance:
If you consider their free faith, then 10 Celestians only cost you 6 points more than 10 SOBs with a VSS. Celestians' better CC performance (I4+holy hatred+WS4) has nearly the same overall effect as regular SOBs using HAND. And Celestians don't need to burn off a faith point. So swapping 10 Faithful SOBs for 10 Celestians can be viewed as a 6 point decision.
In a sense, it's like buying the effects of faith for 6 points.

Of course, they're still going to lose CC to an equal number of Marines, but they can probably survive 3 rounds of CC vs an equal # of MEQs. There's also something to be said for that 5 point HB. It essentially allows them to shoot almost as if they were Marines.

Celestians used in this way should do very nicely at holding a piece of ground. They still have the Divine Guidance Option, they are shooting like Marines, and will be very hard to dislodge once they have been charged, without needing faith.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
the best use for a box of sisters is as sisters endo story

·
The Fallen
7,906 Posts
I go with what I think plague was saying I would add another rhino load of sisters, take the storm bolter sister out and reoplace with a heavy flamer, add an imagifier for one of the sisters and then start hacking at the VSS plasma pistol, get yourself another rhino and go burn stuff

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
wow .... i said alot huh? :w00t:

but yeah pretty much i don like to use sisters as celestians cus they look waaayyyy to similar no matter how you paint them so i got some archive sisters (truly ancient hunks of craap) and converted the hell out of em it took me about 3 weeks but i got em looking waay cool. :yes:

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
still havin trouble stickin them on here however when i do get it to work i'll make a new thread and put my army in their with close-ups of my good stuff

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
psst busted digi cam

·
Registered
429 Posts
Put down your hate, your differences, and your pride.

|\ _________________
| ]__TOMAHAWK____ }>
|/

The world belongs to ME!
---------------------------------------

where ever did you get your sig idea??;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.