Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
LO Zealot
4,014 Posts
Rams and stikkbomb chukkas. Rams and red paint also works. Or there's always rams and...

Okay, so I love rams. They allow you to move through terrain with virtually no risk, opening up the entire board to you. I wouldn't run a trukk without them. After that, it's up to you, although the stikkbomb chukkas are my next favorite, and red paint never hurts.

·
You Can't Kill the Metal
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! That sounds pretty good. I'm just getting into Orks after playing Necrons for years, and I'm looking through the codex saying "wargear... what's that?" lol.
Just trying to get a feel for what items are worth the cost and which should be completely avoided.

·
340 Posts
You definitely want Rams like everyone has stated.

Otherwise you could take one of three other options.
1. Red Paint. This will you let you move an extra 1" which sometimes can make a difference. Not everytime, but at least know when your Trukk gets blown up, you'll be 1" closer to the enemy.
2. StikkBomb Chukka. Never used them myself, but if you happedn to be facing an enemy with low initiative and there is a lot of cover, it could possibley help you assault at your own I3 or I4. This is of course, if your Trukk lives long enough to see an assault.
3. Extra Big Shoota! You already have one, but it never hurts to have 2. Getting an extra 3 Str 6 shots is always nice, even at BS 2.

Just remember, whatever you do, Take Ramms. and only one other 5 pt. upgrade!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
@Darkzephyr: I don't think you can get a second big shoota. Says nothing in the codex that you can take it, either.

@OP: Rams. Rams. and Rams
I'd also suggest a boarding plank, only if you are running more than 1 trukk. Move one up to pop a vehicle, and another trukk pops out boyz to assault. The opponent would have to contend with one choppy team, with another waiting for the next turn to do the same thing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.