Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here they are :)

I hope you guys can give me some more comments about the actually painting. Every comment is welcome.

I will fix a few things on my Dire Avengers and I’m sorry that I dont have any new pictures of the Exarch. He is at the local GW store so It was not possible to get any pictures. The models is almost pleased in the order they are painted.

The army
http://img249.imageshack.us/my.php?image=army4dc.jpg

Bahrroth
http://img249.imageshack.us/my.php?image=barroth0wq.jpg

Swooping Hawks
http://img249.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hawks4wu.jpg

Maugan Ra
http://img249.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mugan0ij.jpg

Fuegan
http://img249.imageshack.us/my.php?image=furigan020hv.jpg

Dire Avengers
http://img249.imageshack.us/my.php?image=avengers6ej.jpg

Dark Reapers
http://img249.imageshack.us/my.php?image=reapers9df.jpg

Farseer
http://img249.imageshack.us/my.php?image=farseer0ap.jpg

Fire Dragons
http://img249.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dragons6yx.jpg

Wraithlord
http://img249.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wraithlord2sa.jpg

Howling Banshees
http://img249.imageshack.us/my.php?image=banshees1zi.jpg

Vyper
http://img249.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vyper4lk.jpg

The Crew
http://img249.imageshack.us/my.php?image=crew3id.jpg

Support Platform
http://img249.imageshack.us/my.php?image=battery3qz.jpg

My Bonus Picture
http://img249.imageshack.us/my.php?image=champion0kg.jpg

Hopeit dont take to long to upload the pictures...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
148 Posts
I really like your style. how long you been painting?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
10 years, about 100 models, I have had some long periods when I have not painted at all. I have had a really fast painting period now. I painted the 2 Avengers, the support platform, the crew the Champion and one fire dragon sense October.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
92 Posts
Really nice.. I think Bahrroth is my favourite, i also like the farseer the runes are very well defined.The bases are very scenic good to see that, that important part of the mini is not overlooked.

Overall a very nice and well painted army. Looks stunning as a cohesive force.

What do you intend paint next ???.

Well done

Matt
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
athryalseer said:
Really nice.. I think Bahrroth is my favourite, i also like the farseer the runes are very well defined.The bases are very scenic good to see that, that important part of the mini is not overlooked.

Overall a very nice and well painted army. Looks stunning as a cohesive force.

What do you intend paint next ???.

Well done

Matt
A Wave Serpent, half don. Then get the Dire Avengers and the fire dragons up to full size. After that probable one more Wave serpent.

And a Wave Serpent takes REALLY long time for me to paint...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
:O :O omg that is best painting I've ever seen even better that like the mona lisa :w00t: I saw this amazing abbadon the despoiler and a amazing deamon prince and that guy had been painting for like 20 years but yours are way better love the bahroth
 

·
LO Zealot
Joined
·
1,082 Posts
Heh, your vehicles may take a long time, but in the long run, it all pays off for one very nicely painted army. Can't wait to see the completed pictures for your army.

Murekhalir
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
That's a very, very impressively painted army! I like your style and attention to detail - great job!
 

·
Keeper of Records and Ale
Joined
·
10,982 Posts
A nice looking army there but... In places you would be hard pressed to tell them as one army, I know the aspect warriors are usually different but the constant theme of the bright orange would have been better to tie them all together in my opinion.

The Hawks straight away struck me as being scorpions, the green is how we mostly see them. But I suppose it makes them different. On some of the models I think the orange works but others not quite as well. I do like the vehicles, nicely done with some good freehand and overall you have a nice looking army. I would have tried to keep the orange consitant with each squad - but that is just me.

KU
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
King Ulrik Flamebeard said:
A nice looking army there but... In places you would be hard pressed to tell them as one army, I know the aspect warriors are usually different but the constant theme of the bright orange would have been better to tie them all together in my opinion.

The Hawks straight away struck me as being scorpions, the green is how we mostly see them. But I suppose it makes them different. On some of the models I think the orange works but others not quite as well. I do like the vehicles, nicely done with some good freehand and overall you have a nice looking army. I would have tried to keep the orange consitant with each squad - but that is just me.

KU
Thanks, you might be right.

The orange looks a bit different then the rest of the army. I painted them after all the aspects and maybe I shod have picked a another color scheme for the vehicles. They stand out a bit from the rest. Still it was a really fun color to paint, and that’s a important thing to me.
I think there rest of the army looks good tougher.

Can you please be more specific? "On some of the models I think the orange works but others not quite as well." I really like to know where you thing the orange don’t work that well. Its interesting too see if you think the same as me.

Yes the Hawks looks like scorpions, I guess I need to paint some scorpions to make show the difference. ;)
They was my first eldar that I painted, didn’t know the usually look for hawks. That I don’t like bye the way.
 

·
Keeper of Records and Ale
Joined
·
10,982 Posts
I think it does not work all that well with Maugan Ra and the Reapers, the contrast between the two colours is too much in my opinion. The orange looked extremely garish compaed but it works well with the Fire Dragons and the Dire Avengers.

KU
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
King Ulrik Flamebeard said:
I think it does not work all that well with Maugan Ra and the Reapers, the contrast between the two colours is too much in my opinion. The orange looked extremely garish compaed but it works well with the Fire Dragons and the Dire Avengers.

KU
Yes Maugan Ra looks strange. But I like the Reapers, but now we are talking color matching and this is my persenal opinion. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What do you guys think about the sword on the Emperors Champion (the bonus)? Its my first try at NNM. I was thinking of paint it darker in the shades. But I left it as it is. The middle picture show the colors best the one on the right and left have been taken with flash, but it was the only pictures that was sharp

Thanks for all the coments :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
incredible stuff, really. I dont think I can say anything else as words fail me.

One question about your fantastic green, especially that on Bahrroth, what colour do you highlight up to, it looks like a mix of green and yellow but whenever I try to mix those colours the results are a lot less favourable.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
269 Posts
WOW! Those are some freaking amazing miniatures! Well Done!

MY only critique is that they appear to come from multiple craftworlds. The Farseer from one, the Wraithlord from another and the Vyper and Support Weapon from a third. The Dire Avengers link up with the Wraithlord, the Swooping Hawks with the Farseer, and the Banshees with the Vyper.

Plus the bases are different from squad to squad. They look awesome indivisually but as an army it doesn't look cohesive.

My two coppers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Dan M said:
One question about your fantastic green, especially that on Bahrroth, what colour do you highlight up to, it looks like a mix of green and yellow but whenever I try to mix those colours the results are a lot less favourable.
Its Dark angel green base. Then a wash/ink of Dark Angel green + Black.
One more layer Dark Angel green.
Now Just and more and more yellow in the Dark angel green for every layer.
I often start wit the pure yellow at the edges and mix in more and more green for every layer.

Here is a link with some more detail explaining, on how I do my painting. But I often change my technique a bit from time to time.
http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54788
Grand Master Belial said:
WOW! Those are some freaking amazing miniatures! Well Done!

MY only critique is that they appear to come from multiple craftworlds. The Farseer from one, the Wraithlord from another and the Vyper and Support Weapon from a third. The Dire Avengers link up with the Wraithlord, the Swooping Hawks with the Farseer, and the Banshees with the Vyper.

Plus the bases are different from squad to squad. They look awesome indivisually but as an army it doesn't look cohesive.

My two coppers
Well that might be as you say. I just painted the colors I liked. And I just wanted to try some different basses. I have thought of the models as individuals and not as much of the group, still I like the color mix. :)

I just like to paint and I just paint what I think is fun to paint. (that’s way I have green hawks, oranges Vypers and yellow banshees)
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top