Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and my friend made a little Biel-tan list and this is what we made. We didn't want to use vypers and there has to be at least two units of wraithguard.

2x Farseer with witchblades, SP, Guide, runes of witnessing, 1x ghosthelm
1x 93, 1x 98

5x Wraithguard with warlock with CCW and SP and enhance. They ride in a wave serpent with twin brighlances.

5x Wraithguard with warlock with CCW and SP and enhance. They ride in a wave serpent with twin brighlances.

10x Warpspiders

10x Warpspiders

3x Dark reapers

4x Banshees with a exarch with executioner

5x Firedragons

2x Falcon with starcannon, shurikencannon, holofields and spirit stones
2x 210

Total = 2000

Farseers each join either a banshee or a firedragons squad and ride the falcons guiding them.
The warpspiders can take care of any light, to heavy infantry, specially those with lesser saves.
Dark reapers squad a few bugs.
Bansees can take care of light things.
Fire dragons can take care of heavy things.
Wraithguard are there to shoot and punch a hole in everything they face, the serpents shoot the tanks.
The falcons can take care of anything.

·
Registered
163 Posts
O.O Um wow...where to start. Um ok here is fine.

1) The banshees are going to do exactly this...die.....quickly...on first turn probably. They need more members and a WAVE SERPANT. I would take away the serpant from on wraithguard if the army must have them.

2) The fire Dragons are going to be the same story. To small to do anything. They will not have any chance of getting close enough. Up the squad one and put in falcon.

3) 3 Dark reapers will do next to nothing as well. Thats only six shots...about half will iss the first time then about 2 will hit second time....not much at all.

4) Two warp spiders? Wow. I would drop one and put the points into banshees.

5) Two falcons good job there.

6) Why does the army have to have wraithgaurd?

7) Last things....if nothing else take out the banshees and fire dragons if you don't want to take out a spider. THey are too small atm the do anything.

·
Registered
199 Posts
the fire dragons ''should'' be ok in a small unit like that if all you are planning to do with them is hunt tanks. however with 2 units of wraithguard this shouldnt be needed! The only use for a banshee squad that small is to charge small weakened squads which again is not really needed. i would suggest dropping the dragons and either boosting the banshees numbers or dropping them as well. farseers with guide do work very well with falcons like that, in my biel tan is generally do the same thing but with only one falcon and farseer.
IMO 20 spiders is too many. they really should be used as harassing units rather than game winning ones. two squads of 5 or 6 is really all that is needed. if you really want to keep the big squads i would really recommend getting exarchs with withdraw. this could save you alot of points if you bodge a jump back roll and get in assault. o and for any biel tan i would recommend a unit of scorpions with stealth and scorpions claw. just over 200pnts may seem a lot but they are well worth it. The warlocks with the wraithguard could do well with either a singing spear (if you are planning on tank hunting) or destructor to give an edge against troops. what amounts to a heavy flamer is always useful.

·
Bugs'r us!
1,242 Posts
Hello.

The reason Wraithguard MUST be included is becuz I say so, I'm kinda intending to play this list soon as my current army is expanded so far I'll only be buying some models once in a while. And why I want the Guards is cuz I really like the guns, models look ok and I know the guns are to short range but I don't really care bout that.

I'll also explain a bit how we started to build the list since that'll explain a bit why the list has the extreamly small units.

We started with the 2 Farseer as HQ, the 2 Wraithguard squads, the 2 Falcons, and the 2 Warpspiders, which IMAO look really cool and are nasty enough for me to add 2 full squads.

btw thx for reminding me bout Hit&Run I still don't know why on earth I never went for them.

We now had 1702 points and I dodn't really knew what to do with the, usually it's not that hard, but I didn't what the list REALLY needed.
So my friend mentioned maybe 2x5 Banshee's for with the Farseer in the Falcons, I changed it a bit to 5 Banshee's and 5 Dragons (so YES they'll arive as good as stromwind wanted to) with the points we then had left, we went for 3 Reapers, as theyl statistically will hit: 4, wound 3 to 4 and also kill 3 to 4. So no it won't be just bout 2 hits, and no the Banshee's WON'T die first turn since they'll be in the Falcon.

But if anyone could help me/us out with the rest I'd be glad here the new list so far:

Farseer
Witchblades; SP; Guide & Runes of Witnessing

Farseer
Witchblades; SP; Guide & Runes of Witnessing

Wraithguard x5
Warlock
CCWeap; SP & enhance
Wave Serpent
Twin-Brightlances.

Wraithguard x5
Warlock
CCWeap; SP & enhance
Wave Serpent
Twin-Brightlances.

Warpspider x10
Exarch
Hit&Run

Warpspider x10
Exarch
Hit&Run

Falcon
Starcannon; Shuriken Cannon; Holofields & Spirit Stone

Falcon
Starcannon; Shuriken Cannon; Holofields & Spirit Stone

Total = 1756

The Farseer go with the Falcons to 'Guide' them.

So I hope I can get some help here, cuz I don't really know what to use really, I now have a option the Scorpions, but I'd like to here some more opinions.

Thx,.......Blood_Lord

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
My simple comment would be drop the bls on the wave serpents, go starcannons. You're transport is full of anti tank, so it shouldn't be a problem. Although your wraithguard will get chewed by numbers, thus a starcannon to support them will work exponentially better.

Rest looks ok, not my cup of tea, but power to ya.

·
Born from Tears of Angels
1,768 Posts
If you want wrathguard just play Iyanden and ask for a nice army breakdown from me or any one else I am sure everyone will help, because so far it looks like you have a mixed Iyanden force.

If you want Biel Tan drop all wrathguard, firedragons and one squad of warp spiders. The second one doesnt need all 10 warpspiders, 6-8 are more then fine.

Fill up a full 10 man banshee squad, give exarch and waveserpent to them. I suggest getting 10 scorpions with exarch(WristSword) and a waveserpent cause these will serve you well vs low armored opponents. Banshees are only good vs power armor. You must always have scorpions at hand because they are used a lot more often then banshees
I dont know if you need dark reapers, especially only 3 of em. i would drop em

Falcons, I would take only one with holo field and brightlance, drop the shriekan cannon or catapult or wutever you have on it. 2 wrathlords with brightlances are great support choices. (Falcon and 2 rathlords) I am Iyanden so I got A LOT of experience with em.

Troops need at least 3 or 4 guardian squads with heavy weapon platforms if the points allow. Rangers are good for pinning down enemy units but they are expensive so I would get 1 or 2 squads of 3 to maximize targeting options

HQ needs at least 2 warlocks, I suggest 4

In the end you should have something like

HQ
2 farseers with wutever you plan upgrading em with, 4 warlocks(In the falcon)
ELITE
10 man Banshee/scorpion squad with executioner/powerclaw and waveserpent
6-8 Warpspiders with exarch, I suggest 6 with powerblades equiped exarch(Powerblades are optional)
TROOP
About 4 maybe even 5 guardian squads of 10 or more, with heavy guns or platforms depending on what you like to kill with. I suggest platforms
FAST ATTACK
If you have points to spare which you should, I would get 2 Vypers with lances or missile lunchers depending what you like more and who you face
HEAVY
Falcon(For retinue) with holo field, lance (Spirit stones are a must)
2 Wrathlords with lances

I dont know how many points that is right there, but if you have room which you probably should, i would boost up the guardian squads. Heavy weapons of the army depend on you opponent (You want be using this many lances against nid swarms)

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
WraithGuardian said:
Correction, YOU DONT WANT TO BE USING THIS MANY LANCES VS NID SWARMS
Two things wraith guardian

first, don't serial post, edit your first post

second, you apparently didn't read either of his posts, so why even bother posting?

He said that he Needs to field the wraithguard because he needs to. It's a condition of the list he's making.

and lances do great against nids, shoot the big stuff and assure wounds. But scatter laser are indeed better for this purpose (as are shuri and starcannons.)

·
Born from Tears of Angels
1,768 Posts
Two things in reply

1.Maybe is simply misread the thread???

2.And as for lances, all they can do is down the big monsters but since almost everyone plays swarm with one big monster, what are you gona do, take 20 lances to kill one carnifex and snipe 200 gaunts??? Bad idea in my opinion, so lances would be way better vs marines, necrons and chaos

·
Bugs'r us!
1,242 Posts
tarzen said:
My simple comment would be drop the bls on the wave serpents, go starcannons. You're transport is full of anti tank, so it shouldn't be a problem. Although your wraithguard will get chewed by numbers, thus a starcannon to support them will work exponentially better.

Rest looks ok, not my cup of tea, but power to ya.
Hey, thx for the reply and nice idea to think bout, and finally somebody who read the postes and doesn't complain bout anything:p.

And for anybody else, my first post gives an idea of what's a MUST in the army (2 Farseer, 2 Warp Spider squads, 2 Wraithguard Squads & 2 Falcons) mainly cuz they kinda are the reason I'm thinking of building the list.

And I don'T care if they're Biel-Tan or Iyanden as long as I can get it to work nice with the units I LIKE (no must of being the best, if I want to be the best I'll need lot's of pratice and that'll come in time.)
So please nodoby say I MUST take stuff or MUST ditch stuff. Mainly the stuff I listed above, only maybe one flacon+farseer could go but that's about it and if possible I'd like to keep the list Mech.

So if anybody has an idea to make the list WITH these units (maybe lessen one flacon+farseer if must) I don't care bout craftworlds, I like most of them anyways. Any help would be appreciated as long as both spiders+guards (1 farseer+falcon would be nice) stay.

PS: Wraithguardian thx for the post not that I don't appreciate it, but please don't say I MUST do anything cuz it still remains a game. And though most didn't work with the idea behind the list every bit of info will help even if just to increase my playing capabilities.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts