HQ:- Farseer with fortune+singing spear+shuriken pistol

Troops:- 9 warp spiders + exarch with powerblades and extra death spinner
Troops:- 8 howling banshess + exarch with executioner
Troops:- 6 fire dragons

Heavy Support:- 1 Wraithlord with starcannon

Transport:- Wave Serpent with bright lances

Tanks:- 2 Falcons with starcannon

The banshees plus the farseer travel in the Wave Serpent, with the farseer using fortune to improve the units survivability. The fire dragons travel in the Falcons. The warp spiders will use jump generators to reach front line

I have some Striking Scorpions, and could put a small squad of these together (6 models or so) within my points limit. Should I go for this or add to the above, perhaps giving the exarchs some special powers?

I am trying to get at the essence of a Swordwind Army by using only aspect warriors.

Thanks for any comments/advice I receive.

·
1,249 Posts
dinodeanpostcat said:
Comments appreciated about the following 1500point Swordwind Army

HQ:- Avatar
HQ:- Farseer with fortune+singing spear+shuriken pistol
The avatar is going to hit long after your howling banshees. This way you're going to end up with 2 waves, Banshees hit first, then the avatar and wraithlord. Consider dropping this and getting another farseer. The farseers should have fortune, sp, and a witch blade (you're going into close combat).

Troops:- 9 warp spiders + exarch with powerblades and extra death spinner
Troops:- 8 howling banshess + exarch with executioner
This looks good, except for your warp spider exarch. Drop the powerblades and the extra death spinner. If you want give him withdraw. Otherwise drop him and just run the 9 spiders w/o exarch support. Definately run a squad of 8 scorpions w/ exarch w/ claw and an extra wave serpent and let your new farseer join them.

Heavy Support:- 1 Wraithlord with starcannon

Transport:- Wave Serpent with bright lances

Tanks:- 2 Falcons with starcannon
Actually, your transport is part of your troops choices, with the Banshees. Other than that, I'd probably drop the wraithlord, the scorpions will get to the front line long before he does and your falcons will survive without a fire magnet.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts