Librarium Online Forums banner

Big Fat Tank WIP

8K views 26 replies 12 participants last post by  Ash 
#1 ·
Haven't painted a tank for some time, so this time instead of painting lots of small ones I'm going to have a go at one big one. It's been primed with chaos black (I didn't bother with pic's of this) and received a couple of coats of Tamiya TS-46 'light sand'. So far the turret's, fuel drums and exhust are not glued down. Neither are the crew and some of the stowage.

When finished it will hopefully look something like the rest of my IG tanks

http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/painting/90964-re-painted-tanks.html

pictures were a bit of a rush job, between putting on the basic camo.

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
It's going to get a basic camouflage pattern and a lot of weathering.
As for the servitor. . was thinking of having him 'plugged in' to one of the hatched engine covers, but after looking at it , he looks a bit daft.

I've put on the basic camo pattern, base coat.

Already painted the crew, though I wont be using all of them.

The turret:

Probably have to wait for the weekend to get more paint on it.

#6 ·
Thanks for your comments, the turret is a bit bigger allround as I used a cast resin conversion kit. It has the standard stowage racks on the back plus a fair amount of extra stuff from the bits box.
I've given the whole model a wash of thinned dark brown paint and base coated the weapons and stowage.

I put in the origional top piece to show the size difference.
Started to do some 'wear and tear' weathering, will post more pictures once that stage is finished.

Also done some of the stowage

#21 ·
Me too. An airbrush has been on my 'wish list' for some time. This thing was done with a couple of small Tamiya spray cans whilst hanging out of my bathroom window!

Thanks for all the comments any suggestions for changes/additions always welcome.

#25 ·
Wow mate:)
You know I love this tank and I must say that Chimera conversion rocks too. So simple yet so convincing.
Is that the original FW-turret for a BaneBlade or is it another one? It gives the top of the tank some much needed bulk and I kind of regrets not getting me one of these before I built mine:/
Still There might very well be more, they are quite rewarding to build I must say.
I also must say that the alternative "windows" on the hull bellow/around the turret looks ace. It balances the gothic-ness of the rear Machinespirit-shrine.
Well done!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.