Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey this is my first post here. Hey.

I'm looking at a 2 big mek force. Has anyone tried this out yet? I'm looking at two dreads to walk along with my boyz, lots of kans maybe 9 and some bikes or coptas to fill the gaps.
Sure it is more for fun than competition, but any ideas or thoughts?

·
Registered
547 Posts
I never went all mek. Most I did was 1 big mek, 6 kans, 1 dread.

While a wall of walkers may work, the general consensus is that you still need a lot of boyz, and some fire support (lootas!)

Also, if you take that many vehicles, mae sure you include one small unit of burnas w/3 meks & oilers to repair the damages, and a big mek with KFF &3 oilers.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
I ahve a 3K challenge board game coming up in a few weeks where i've built up a "dred" company. Basically you have to take 2 force orgs- I split mine into a 2K and 1K. Here's the 1K part. My Big mek with the Shokk attack is converted out of a dred. Turned out looking pretty nice. I have to build 1 more for the boy on foot with the KFF

HQ
Big Mek-KFF, Eavy Armor
Big Mek-Shokk attack Gun
Troops
Dred 2 CC, Plates, Riggers
Dred 2 Big Shootas, Plates, Riggers
Heavy
Kans x3, Rokkits, Plates
Kans x3, Rokkits, Plates
Kans x3, Rokkits, Plates

·
Registered
28 Posts
I played around with the idea of

2 Meks w/ klaws on bikes
2 7 man nob bikers w/ wagh and boss pole, painboy and 2 klaws
2 deff dreds and
9 Kans w/ rokits at 1850.

With that list you get the best of both worlds. All the kan and dred fun and 2 killer nob biker units. Meks just cant compare to the warbosses though. T5/6 is just too strong.

You could go with
1 boss and 1 mek on bikes
2 9 man nob units with upgrades (1 is troop choice)
1 deff dred
and 9 kans
again around 1850 (That is the totals we play with around my area.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.