Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I forgot about that >< i havent played in a while and forgot all about that. Here is a revision with the same idea except the predators are now doing what the razorbacks where
HQ
Khan 205

Command Squad 265 (4 storm shields, ride on bikes)

Troops
10 Tactical Squad 205 (flamer, heavy bolter, drop pod)

7 Bike Squad 255 (attack bike, melta gun, flamer)

7 Bike Squad 240 (attack bike, melta gun)

Heavy Support
Predator 60

Predator 60

Elites
Venerable Dreadnought 210 (drop pod, heavy flamer)

1500 exact

·
Registered
356 Posts
I'm not so sure that when he lines up along a board edge all the unit dies. That has never happened to me yet. With your bike squad, personally I take full bike squads, 9 strong ad 2 special weapons, and a power fist. I think having a really expensive command squad is not a good idea. If you're worried about outflanking, I wouldn't even bother outflanking then. Bare bones predators with nothing on them are almost a waste IMHO. You're better off taking another bike squad, and dropping the preds and slap khan in there. More bikes is always better, especially at 1500. If you're worried bout having an invul save and what not... you could turbo boost. The ven dread and tac squad really doesn't fit too well here.

·
The Future
4,848 Posts
I also figured I dont need power weapons sense it is tau and I could win most cc without them. Tell me what you think :p
One word for you: BROADSIDES.

If the enemy army has 2+ armour, you want power weapons. Preferably fists, as it'll insta-kill anything in his army.

·
The Biker Marine
1,618 Posts
That Kroot unit is only going to block you 1/3 of the time. Not even, because he cannot deploy on the whole length of the side of a table from the start in ANY deployment type. If he blocks his long edge of the table (which he can do in 2/3 of the deployment types, you are not affected as you roll for each side, and for your choice of the side, so I am not sure how is her able to prevent you from coming on the board completely? Unless Kroot can Infiltrate, but perhaps only into area terrain?

·
The Biker Marine
1,618 Posts
OK, so they can infiltrate.

Altogether, this is kind of a silly situation because you are building a list to counter a specific list. Or vice versa. IMHO not fun to play this way.

Build something without bikes at all or do not outflank. Kill him in 2 turns. Call it even and his 30 Kroot will not be showing up every game perhaps.

Starting from that point on just keep your lists a secret until you are actually starting the game.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I am struggling to understand your strategy, but it appears that you are going for a “deploy nothing everything outflanks” strategy.

In this scenario, your opponent had enough infiltrator troops to deploy them in such a way that prevented you to come on board. Plain and simple, he outplayed you.

What’s wrong in this picture is your outflanking strategy. Just because you have outflanking capabilities doesn’t mean you have to use it all the time. Adapt to the situation and hold in reserves only what you need to hurt your opponent or capture late game objectives.

Marines on bike are a Tau worst nightmare. Deploy in such a way to get cover saves in the first round then turbo boost close to his troops. This will give you a 3+ cover save and should be in CC next turn. And you know the outcome of Tau getting in CC, right?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.