Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried to do it as a poll.

But apparently that's restricted area when you're just a regular member <_<

Please share your thoughts about bio-monstrousities.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Nothing wrong ^_^. Its just, uh like what are you talking about? For yems of us who do not subscribe to White Dwarf, what is a Biomonstrosity.

·
994 Posts
i think that they should be allowed and i fought they already were.

it is a huge tyranid monster that will kill anything (even a ctan) and it is available from forgeworld.

i used to think it was too powerful but now the ctan is here it isnt that terible

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh, right :p

Well to all of you who's new to the Nidz or play a different army:
Bio-monstrosities are creatures like the hierodules. These creatures, made by GW, are awesome and they have mass points, (if you want the details on mass points read chapter approved 2002 p.98 or read imperial armour).
Now the issue here is that in chapter approved 2002 GW posted rules for building your own bio-monstrosities. But these rules aren't legal when you play at cons, (and your friends might also stand off if you've made a nasty bio-monstrosity :lol: ).

Many Nidz players would surely agree that we should be able to build our own playable bio-monstrosities, (I know that vampiric_drake8 has made a nice one).

This of course would mean that the vehicles from the imperial armour are made legal as well.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Yea, I think what you're referring to is a Bio-Titan. And they are most gnarly. I don't think one could take down a C'tan though- at least not fluffwise. Weren't they mainly for Epic? Now that it's making a comeback, I think we may see a Bio-Titan resurgence.

·
Registered
841 Posts
i think (ill just nickname them bios) bios are basically like baneblades(those of u who dont know what a baneblade is, go to forgeworld..) in EoT WD there was a massive battle of 10000 points battle spread on two issues of WD and a baneblad was used in the masive batttle between cadians + DA VS LATD + CSM.
They said baneblade was used to make the battle a 'out of the ordinary' battle.
I would think bios are used like this only in HUGE battles
in normal 1000 point armies the ywould be well overpowered
;)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You're right Logan G.

But it's also possible to make "bios" without mass points=homemade monstrous creatures.

And that wouldn't be over the edge taking in to consideration that almost all Nidz players use at least one monstrous creature in their swarm.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I think the ones without mass points are legal ie- home made monstreous creatures. It's just the ones with mass points that you need your opponents permission. But I can be wrong!

·
850 Posts
Bio-Titans can be taken w/o the promission from the other player. It is a rule ForgeWorld made for both Heirodules and Heridan. You can create your own Bio-Titan, but if you make your own then you have have the opponent accept it.

26 Posts
No dude, just...no.

Okay. I love tyranids. But with the monster creation rules, I can create a nye impossible to kill exocrine with two devourers, which can both be fired in the same turn. Each one can be full strength. You can upgrade them to fire further, or give them a blast template. To be really nasty spasm the guns. That creates a possible 36 shots. So again, no, you should not be able to field such an abomination without asking your opponent.

For those of you who don't have Chapter Approved 2004, go buy it. Now.

By the way, the above mentioned guns are what I use for my bio titan against opponent I don't like, but never against friends, because friends don't pull cheese on friends.

:ph34r: (this has no relevence, I just like ninjas... and :0 pirates, I like pirates)

·
Registered
3,181 Posts
Such an old thread I haven't seen it... Well, a first for everything!

And I agree with Son of the Emperor, Illuminatus. Both the VDR and CDR require two very important things:

1) What-You-See-Is-What-You-Get (WYSIWYG), meaning that most models should be extensively converted or scratch-built.

2) Opponent permission, no matter what sort of creature has been made. This simply due the fact that even non-WarMachine/Gargantuan creatures can easily upset the balance of the game.

Forge World models are legal and usually don't require permission (unless WarMachine/Gargantuan), but the VDR/CDR are a whole another thing. So if Your opponent says no, then no it is.

·
Registered
401 Posts
yip gotta agree with Son of the Emperor, Illuminatus and Uzi-99 with this

remember 40k is all about balance and sportsmanship (well is should be)
using a huge Freakin MF of a bio constructed powergaming creature of doom
would just be wrong..especially if your opponent is unprepared and has nothing to fight the thing. Theres nothing big nor clever about it...it will just make people play you 1ce and then never play you again. So needing permission to use 1 of these things is fair.

now its all very different if your opponent has a few super heavy tanks that he wants to use, then of course a Bio monstrosity will even the playing field, but just remember your going to be playing a game of 40k with the reliance of like 1 model in your army to do well. the rest of your swarm might as well not be there :rolleyes:

Well thats my rant over with :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
If you make a huge, unkillable creature, it would cost too much to field it in normal game, but if it's not hugely beardy it should be legal.

·
Supreme Evil Overlord
4,873 Posts
Fielding such creatyres shouldd be fair as they cost a lot off points, but only field them if your opponent has something similair, or receives a bonus like a fortress for them to defend or sustaineed assault, otherwise NO!

26 Posts
Hey uzzi-99

I'm almost completely sure I'm right on this subject, but I want to be ABSOLUTELY sure before I go spouting off my mouth.

The rules for malefactor, exocrines, etc. in the beastiary section of the monster creator ARE just examples right? You can create your own malefactor rules or give your exocrine any type of gun you wish, correct? (assuming you follow wysiwyg. )

For one, the rules for the harridan are different than the ones in Imperial Armor Update.

Like I said, I'm pretty confident on the subject, but there nothing I hate more than when somebody starts talking about stuff that they really don't have any clue about, and I don't want to be a hypocrite.

·
Registered
3,181 Posts
Originally posted by Son of the Emperor, Illuminatus@Jun 20 2004, 23:23
The rules for malefactor, exocrines, etc. in the beastiary section of the monster creator ARE just examples right? You can create your own malefactor rules or give your exocrine any type of gun you wish, correct? (assuming you follow wysiwyg. )
--- I personally would take them as the defacto current rules for the aforementioned creatures, if You manage to get Your hands on the models.

Though if You do something like exchange the Bioweapon on the Exocrine and convert it to WYSIWYG, I'd say that's perfectly feasible.

Of course, this only reflects my view of the situation... Haven't read anything concrete so You can basically do as You feel like. :)

For one, the rules for the harridan are different than the ones in Imperial Armor Update.
--- As for the Harridan, the Imperial Armour Update rules supercede the CDR rules.

·
Registered
229 Posts
you should be able to use them against necrons and other shooty armies on big tables so you dont lose everything before cc

that thing would soak up a lot of firepower

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.