Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Drills baby.
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Black Industries

28/January/2008 - Black Industries Announcement
Black Industries regret to announce that Dark Heresy: Disciples of the Dark Gods out in September will be the final product to be released from Black Industries.

Kevin Rountree General Manager of BL Publishing said ‘As a result of the continued and impressive success of our core novels business, which we have built around 40K and Warhammer, we have decided to focus all of our efforts on growing this part of our business. Black Industries has seen fantastic success, most recently with Talisman and Dark Heresy. This change does not take away from that achievement rather it allows BL Publishing to focus on producing the best novels we can. This is a purely commercial decision and will enable us to carry on the huge growth that we have recently been experiencing with our novels’

For the time being Black Industries will continue to post articles in support of the products on their official website, which is a fantastic resource for scenarios and gaming tools for GM’s and players alike.
'Tis sad news. They had just recently released a cool set of products, and now they are out. Those products had also met with good financial success, so the BL takes that money and pours it into more novels.

Bah!

·
Drills baby.
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
But they just released this game NOW, and they have some stuff for it in a pipieline. Maybe they changed this decision?
Well it was published on their site today, so I dunno. One can only hope.

Weren't they releasing a 40k RPG sometime soon?
Allready released. Called 'Dark Heresy'.

·
Aliens ate my soul.
1,413 Posts
This is what happens when you dont give G.W all your money.
You have been warned. Next they will cancel Warhammer. let this be your lession.

·
I suck... Maiden neck...
836 Posts
NOOOO! I love the Warhammer Fantasy RPG, and was looking forward too the 40k RPG (which wont have any extra books).
I suppose it gives them more time and energy to crack out some more novels.

Anyone know if this whole thing includes books like fluff-books.

·
Drills baby.
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No, because Black Industries does not handle any novels or source books. That's BL publishing's territory.

I like how GW basicly told them; "Hey, you made some very successful games so you are all sacked and we give the money you earned to BL instead!"

·
Registered
12 Posts
This is really bad news. I'd only just discovered that a proper 40K RPG was released, and now it's getting discontinued. Hopefully there'll be 'unofficial' supplements that get put out there from time to time.

·
Registered
428 Posts
*blinks... rubs eyes... blinks* I honestly can't believe what I'm seeing here. I was planning on buying dark heresy with this months paycheque, but as its not going to be properly supported with expansions whats the point? That would have been the first money gw would have gotten from me in over 10 nmonths as well, and was the only purchase I had definately planned for. I really am not going to be surprised if GW goes down the pan sometime soon with business accumen like this. What to do with the money they have? Sending their Management team back to university for some business courses would be a good start.

Oh well, more GURPS expansion books and renew my WoW account I suppose.

·
I am a free man!
4,941 Posts
This is what happens when you dont give G.W all your money.
You have been warned. Next they will cancel Warhammer. let this be your lession.
What are you talking about? Dark Heresy completely sold out before it even shipped! How much more money can they ask from us?

The problem is that books make MORE money. It's no longer enough to just, you know, make a great profit. You have to make an insane killing. As no RPG would make an insane killing, it's been cut.

Stupid. Bean counters and shareholders should be drug out into the street and shot for making such boneheaded decisions.

·
Nightlord
1,795 Posts
Not only did they sell out, the collectors edition book sold out in 6 minutes. It ended up being a book sold every 2 seconds. With that much enthusiasm and support for their books I can hardly see this as a wise business decision. There must be something else at work here.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Well Dark Heresy will still have a few expansions this year if I remember correctly. As they stop with "Dark Gods" which is in Sept. or so plus some free online material.

So since the guys at BI aren't evil (like GW...) they will still get all the forthcoming things out...but I hope GW sees the error in their ways and keep this stuff going.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Damn GW! I just picked up Dark Heresy, which has a wonderful system. I guess something like this could have been predicted seeing as Dark Heresy was originally supposed to be released LAST February.

What's more is that I was actually looking forward to part 2, the Rogue Trader expansion, which now won't come.

·
Skeletor=Pimp.
996 Posts
Well this sucks, I just picked up Dark Heresy with the DM guide and portfolio. Are they going to stop cranking out books? Or just stop making new material? I like how they are continuing with the planned expansions, but a Heresy themed one will never be mine to have... =(

Oh well, House rules it is!

Any news on what is in the new expansions? Rogue trader I'm guessing pirates and ship stuff, Dark One's or w.e a focus on Chaos from the names alone.

·
Hive Fleet Níðhöggr
247 Posts
I just placed an order with Amazon today, they did not mension it being out of stock :?

DUH! Shipping estimate: March 3rd!!!!!
BI is out of stock if you buy it via their online shop. So they say that if you want to buy DH yuo have to buy it from a vendor instead of directly from BI. Probably Amazon has some stock of DH.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.