Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, would just like some feedback on what you think of my army list and how i could make it better.

Im pretty new to chaos and 40k so please excuse any nooby mistakes ive made :p

Black Legion

Points Limit: 1000

HQ - Daemon Prince: Warp Time, Mark Of Nurgle (155pts)
HQ - Daemon Prince: Lash Of Submission, Mark Of Slaanesh (135pts)

Troop- x10 Plague Marines: Champion with Power Weapon, Meltagun, Flamer (275pts)
Troop- x10 Khorne Berserkers: Champion with Power Weapon, Rhino (275pts)
Troop- x5 Noise Marines: Blastmaster, Sonic Blasters x4 (160pts)

Excatly 1000 points :D

All feedback will be well appreciated

·
The other Kind of Fluff
8,843 Posts
Hello Serdonyx,

Give both your prince wings. They need them in order to cover the distance between themselves and the enemy. Plus, you want them to be capable of keeping up with your rhinos.

Plague Marines: Drop their numbers down to seven or eight. At the 1000 point level, you don't usually need so many bodies, especially when you could use the points for other upgrades and purchases. Next, don't mix special weapons. This only reduces the effectiveness of the squad. It's best to equip them with dual meltas (or plasmas). Also give the champion a power fist. You need the squad to be capable of dealing with enemy armor, monstrous creatures, and walkers.

Zerkers: Reduce their numbers to seven or eight, which is sufficient in a 1000 point game. Give the champ a power fist.

Noise Marines: Eh, not a bad squad, but certainly not spectacular either. If you're going for a competitive build, then it would be best to drop them entirely in favor of either a defiler or a pair of obliterators. Still, if you want to include Noise Marines, then by all means. They've just never proven themselves on the battlefield to me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Rabbit, very helpful relpy :D

Im gona make the changes you mentioned apart from dropping the noise marines. I've had a few games with them and they have always killed their more than their points worth for me, plus I think ive just got a thing for slaanesh xD

Is the warptime/mark of nurgle and lash/mark of slaanesh as good as people say and would you suggest I give my plague marines a rhino as well as my berserkers??

·
The other Kind of Fluff
8,843 Posts
Is the warptime/mark of nurgle and lash/mark of slaanesh as good as people say and would you suggest I give my plague marines a rhino as well as my berserkers??
Yes on all accounts. The Mark of Nurgle with Warp Time and the Mark of Slaanesh with Lash are both brutal configurations for our opponents. I must have missed the fact that your Plague Marine squad has no rhino, as they obviously need one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ive got a 1000 point skirmish on monday against a black templar army. Any advise on how to combat them?

Last time I fought them I remeber getting smashed in close-combat lol

·
The other Kind of Fluff
8,843 Posts
I'll be honest. In the current environment, there's not an MEQ opponent out there that has seriously challenged my Chaos Marine Army in close combat. Not Wolves, not Blood Angels, not Templars. Of course, I field a list almost entirely devoted to close combat, so that's part of it. Still, there are some pretty vicious Space Pup armies that can field a high number of close combat threats. But back to you :p

Best thing to do is rush forward with your princes and rhino squads. Keep your Zerkers close at hand to your Lash Prince so that they can join together for combined assaults. Same applies with your Nurgle Prince and Plaguers. In fact, keep all your units in a general cohesion to where they can assist each other in close combat. While I haven't gone up against Templar in over a year, I'm fairly certain they cannot rival your list in terms of melee. The Lash prince should ensure you get the charge. Don't disembark from your rhinos too early. Don't forget to blow smoke.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Didnt go so well :(

I was out numbered mainly >_< The Black Templar player had A Chaplin, Emperors Champion, Sword Brethren, 5 Termys (lightning claws and thunder hammers), 2 x10 Tactical squads (one with a flamer, drop pod and a power weapon and the other with a missile launcher) and a Ironclad dred! I managed to down his chaplin, emperors champ and a few of his sword brethren but by that time all the rest had closed in on me >_<

1 - 9 of 9 Posts