·
One Awesome Dude
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'Ere we go!

HQ:
Daemon Prince - Lash of Submission, Mark of Slaneesh, Wings

ELITE:
Terminators [x5] - Champion with Chainfist and Heavy Flamer, Combi-Plasma (x4), Icon of Chaos Glory

TROOPS:

Chaos Space Marines [x10] - Champion with Powerfist, Plasmaguns (x2), Icon of Chaos Glory, Rhino
Chaos Space Marines [x10] - Champion with Powerfist, Plasmaguns (x2), Icon of Chaos Glory, Rhino

FAST ATTACK:
Raptors [x8] - Champion with Powerfist/Lightning Claws, Meltaguns (x2), Icon of Khorne
Bikers [x7] - Champion with Powerfist, Meltaguns (x2), Icon of Nurgle

HEAVY SUPPORT:
Predator - Autocannon, Lascannon Sponsoons
Predator - Autocannon, Lascannon Sponsoons

So here is my Games Day list, let me know what you think!

·
4,967 Posts
I like it all apart from the bikes. I think bike units should be 3 men with 2 meltas and kept as cheap as possible. A 7 Man bike unit with icon and champion become very expensive and I believe you can use those points better elsewhere. Considder another unit of raptors and then spend the excess on some obliterators or increasing the terminators.

Your troops choices are good but I would give one unit meltas. Have you considdered plague marines instead for the plasma armed squads as the feel no pain makes overheating less of a problem. 7 plague marines cost about the same as one of your squads and the 3 less men are more than compensated for by the defensive bonuses of +1T, FNP and blight grenades.

·
The other Kind of Fluff
8,843 Posts
I'm in agreement with Madcat with switching one (or both) of your marine units to melta guns. You're a little weak on tank busting, and this would certainly help. Other than that, it's a fine list. The bike configuration seems perfect for 1750 point battles. It's been my experience that mid-large range bike units function best in 1750 builds; anything smaller is too much of a point sink; anything larger tends to allow your opponent ample ways of wounding the bike. They have solid staying power and enough numbers to justify the expensive IoN. Overall, a good squad, and a good army to match ;Y

Madcat: While the 3 man bike squad is also decent configuration, it's certainly not the only option that works. Mid-sized bike squads have proven themselves time and again (even if I don't personally use bikes) ;Y

·
One Awesome Dude
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
First off, thanks to both of you for being good sports and posting - it's appreciated!

@Madcat - I've made a variant list that takes out the bikers, and replaces them with Slaneesh Raptors, toting meltas and a LC Champion. It also adds in a ML dreadnought with the extra points. (I'll see if I can't try out both lists and see which I like)

I shall have to take both of yours advice on the Plas/Melta switch. Any ideas what I should spend the extra points on?

·
The other Kind of Fluff
8,843 Posts
I shall have to take both of yours advice on the Plas/Melta switch. Any ideas what I should spend the extra points on?
How many extra points do you have? Also, I thought I should also mention that chaos bikes aren't generally regarded as an ultra-competitive unit. While they *can* be, under the right stimulus, I'd probably urge you to switch to Khornate Raptors (or second, Slaaneshi raptors). You'll save points, which can further add to the finesse of some other unit. :happy:

·
One Awesome Dude
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, the the switch from Plas to Melta leaves me ten points in and of itself. Disregarding that (I didn't have it in mind when I made the variant list) if I kick out the Bikers, bring a unit of Slaneesh Raptors (two Meltas, LC Champ) I have 105 points left over - from there, I threw in a ML dreadnought (to draw fire from Rhinos and Preds) and added Meltabombs on the Slaneesh Champion.

For the sake of simplicity and cost, the second units of raptors works out nicely - as far as fluffiness goes.....dude...Nurgle Bikers = Speedy Harbingers of DOOM!

So, your thoughts my good fluffy mammal sir?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.