Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of adding Terminators to my BT army. I am unsure which variety I want to add. I am obviously very hand to hand focused. I am contemplating 5 Assault Terminators with 4 pairs of lightning claws and 1 thunder hammer, or 5 Terminators with 2 assault cannons. I like the idea of having guns with a range of more than a foot, but the 4 attacks at a superior iniative to normal marines is very alluring. What are your experiences with using them? I would deepstrike them in on my marshal, who'd have a homer.

·
LO Zealot
1,744 Posts
I don't know the rest of your list but you have said it is more CC oriented! So if you don't have some support you can add the 5 Termies with the 2 Assault Cannons for the extra punch...

On the other hand since your list is oriented in going close and personal the CC Termie squad would make a nice addition... with a Drop Pod or a LRC...

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I should've been more specific. My army includes two fairly large (15+) Crusader squads, with mixes of Initiates and Neophytes, powerfists, meltas, etc, 10 man assault squad with the Chaplain, a Marshall in terminator armour and an Emperor's Champion. Nothing too special or outlandish.

·
LO Zealot
1,744 Posts
In the case of your list I would buy firstly the Termie squad with 2 Assault Cannons. Then when more money comes to your hands a squad of Assault Termies! 8Y

·
Registered
318 Posts
If you take the CC vow then your termies with lightning claws would be hitting on 3+ and re rolling wounds. Thats abit too juicey to pass up for me, go with the assult!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am tending towards 5 normal terminators and 2 assault cannons. I assume the box only comes with 1 assault cannon - what have others done to equip their second Terminator? any neat conversion opportunities now that you can't just order an assault cannon?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Assault terminators pretty much require a Land Raider Crusader to transport them. If they walk they'll be cut down and if they teleport in they're standing around for a turn just asking to be shoot, and being assault have to land fairly close, risking killing themselves. That said they will destroy anything they get into combat with, especially if they have furious charge. If you're willing to spend 500 points on one unit, go right ahead.

I find normal terminators to be more useful and always have a squad in 1750+ games, two for 2000+. Plenty of firepower to be useful from the get go, and still very strong in melee.

As for getting a second assault cannon, I got one of the old metal ones from the online store (since bits are gone, not really an option now and looks fairly bad) and another from the Dark Angel Vet box I used to make Sword Brethren.

·
LO Zealot
1,744 Posts
Or you can search BattleWagon bits and order from there one extra assault cannon! ;Y

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Its 14.99! I might as well buy a metal Deathwing Terminator. Are the new Terminators scale to the old metal ones? I don't own any metal ones, haha.

·
Hive Fleet Níðhöggr
247 Posts
Its 14.99! I might as well buy a metal Deathwing Terminator. Are the new Terminators scale to the old metal ones? I don't own any metal ones, haha.
Take a look at Ebay and search for terminator assault cannon. They will pop up, most in the range £1.5-2.

·
Registered
1 Posts
my army

my army contains alot of close combat figures but i have a few range choices i would mix and match the 2 terminator boxes to get a strong close and ranged choice power fists and chainfists are good thunder hammers and lightning claws are also good so thats what id do

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.