Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This wasn't on the FAQ on the UK GW site, I attempted to use the "search the website" box in the upper right corner to find the answer for this but all I found was some Black Templar strategy and tactic articles, and I had asked this in my army list I posted ( http://www.librarium-online.com/for...cc-centered-vehicle-deepstrike-delivered.html )... however I realize it's probably better to ask this question on the forums here proper for Space Marines.

So onto my question...

How does the vow Suffer Not The Unclean To Live interact with a power fist user?

Does it...

A.) Not stack at all. You either take one, or the other. Either P.Fist rules, or Vow rules.
(I didn't think this was it, because no such restriction exists in the RAW I can find)

B.) You apply the P. Fist rule first, then add +1 to that. You are -1 init, but it doesn't matter since the P.Fist rules make it pointless.
(I think this is how it works)

C.) You apply the Vow rule first (+1 to base, -1 init), then apply the P. Fist rule second.
(I don't THINK it applies this way, but if it does cool... extra +1S over option B)

·
Ender of Threads
1,306 Posts
I'm going with B here - picking one or the other makes very little sense, and adding the vow, then doubling due to the Fist is way too good to be true.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm going with B here - picking one or the other makes very little sense, and adding the vow, then doubling due to the Fist is way too good to be true.
I'm about 99% certain it's B, mainly because of the Power Fist description in the core book.

So a BT with that Vow in effect and a P.Fist
1.) Doubles wielders Str first
2.) Then adds a +1 to Str when rolling to wound (because P. Fist rule says you can stack them but they come after)
3.) Strike at Init 1, because the P. Fist rules say it's penalty trumps other penalties (and specifically says to ignore the other)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.