Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was recently playing my friends in a small battle. (I lost, but my one last sword brethren killed almost half of the opposing army)

Anyways, I usually use accept any challenge no matter the odds because of preffered enemy special rule, but I changed it this time. I used suffer not the unclean to live, so I get the strength bonus. I usually don't use this because it lowers my initiative. It seemed to work well, however.

It ends up giving the emperor's champion 7 strength, and he still hits on basic space marine initiative, so it worked out for him.

Any suggestions on how to use this vow effectively? I want to start using it more, because it is cheaper than accept any challenge as well. Almost enough to give me an extra initiate.

·
Banned
2,425 Posts
I was recently playing my friends in a small battle. (I lost, but my one last sword brethren killed almost half of the opposing army)

Anyways, I usually use accept any challenge no matter the odds because of preffered enemy special rule, but I changed it this time. I used suffer not the unclean to live, so I get the strength bonus. I usually don't use this because it lowers my initiative. It seemed to work well, however.

It ends up giving the emperor's champion 7 strength, and he still hits on basic space marine initiative, so it worked out for him.

Any suggestions on how to use this vow effectively? I want to start using it more, because it is cheaper than accept any challenge as well. Almost enough to give me an extra initiate.
There's not really a lot to it. That particular Vow is best taken against armies that are faster than you are in combat anyway (like Eldar, Dark Eldar, Slaaneshi Chaos armies and the like) as you really don't lose anything by having your Initiative lowered. It can also work well against armies like Imperial Guard since their attacks probably won't hurt you much and wounding on a 2+ will make your life that much easier when it comes to chopping through their units.

Good luck,

Katie D

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, I'll keep that in mind.

This battle was my black templar and my friends eldar, vs my other friends eldar and blood angels.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.