Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hitting on a 3+ is pretty friggin good if you ask me...and all they have to do is take that blessing! That is crazy...so if you fight a DT army, just learn not to let them get into CC or be better at CC than them!

·
Registered
199 Posts
thank you inq. torquemarda

basic advice like that is really good, and against templars, in my experience it works pretty well (i cannot tell you how much i hate Saim Hann eldar, pointy heads!)

btw, hitting on 3s is a good thing against space marines, but against things like eldar, tau and ig its superfluous as most of the time we will anyway (dark eldar are another matter....) And remember we get the vow but sacrifice other things (devestators, librarians, scouts etc)

·
Registered
32 Posts
i need to know something the vow that gives you a inval save of 6 but you loss cover
if you are fighting a necron army and they have the weapon that goes through armor and invaln save well does that vow stop that from happening because its not really armor or a forc feild thing at all its jsut grim daturmination i belive tell me if i am wrong lol im not looking at the book but do you still get the inval save of no

i dont know if that made any sens lol

·
Registered
94 Posts
marshal you are the frist leval headed bt ive ever talked to. yes sorry about my spelling but im am from russia and im am still learing enlish its not eassy. :D

·
Registered
199 Posts
yeah i thought so, i would hate to have to learn english as a second language, and your english is awesome compared to my russian, lol

thanx for the complement, ive learned through painful experience just how annoying 'extremist' players are (this is even more of an irritation when you have a limited number of opponents and they all are)

·
Registered
199 Posts
i need to know something the vow that gives you a inval save of 6 but you loss cover.....

OK, basically i believe the assumtion here is that a pariahs blade (whatever its called, awful, nasty thing that it is), will go through pretty much ANYTHING, and this will make a mess of you regardless of how angry they are

·
Registered
32 Posts
yea but what i am saying is it goes throw all armor not stopes iron will you know what i mean and that rule would over rule the necrons thing or would theres over rule that lol see so confusing i think that the bt would over rule becasue theres is the last thing stated ie you pick befor battel not have it set in stone if you get what i mean and i dont think you will lol

·
Registered
199 Posts
k, i really think of the iron will thingy like this- say i was hit by a nuke, no matter how willing i was to keep going the laws of physics really say otherwise

emperors champ is compulsory in ALL battles using templars. Even when no special characters are used, u must have him (basically because the emperors champion is a title not a specific marine) However he does mean that u can take 3 HQ choices in standard battles

·
Registered
199 Posts
The black templars army is a good army. For one, you have al lot of options. And the other one is that you can get rid of any army in 2 turns. The only diffucult thing is to get to the other side without loosing to much marines.
I play bt's to and the only reason ppl call it a sucky army is that they don't know how to play it (that is my exp. anyway)

HighMarshall Lucian

·
Registered
153 Posts
ya know, the problem with black templars is, they just don't have much versatility.

a army must have its purpose, you're closecombat, but you're ain't that tough against other close combat armies.

my necron force almost beat you, and I am a shooty army..
that damn jungle had me for 3 turns, 3 turns without some heavy shooting on ya..

black templars just don't have much to choose from in my point of view

·
Registered
199 Posts
i actually consider templars one of the better armies against necrons, basically because of our superior close combat ability (yeah, even against pariahs- i one battle in particular calmed whatever fear i had of them) and the awesome amount of power weaponary we have access to.

THing is though, rhino rush armies are tricky to use against necrons, that damned guass ability can really knock you around, so u have got to be careful (this is the only time when fleeing forward is a good thing, u will be striking first most of the time anyway)

Templars are not a terribly versatile army. Indeed the more limited number of support options should stop ppl who want to shoot from using them. However, if u can use the support u do have then u can probably gain an advantage over an opponent who is not expecting it

·
Registered
199 Posts
oh, i figure BT to be pretty good against others assaulty armies, notably space wolves, chaos and blood angels (power weapon-heavy armies like BT are really efficient against other maines)

Orks are something of a different matter, due to thier numbers, but a smart space marine player should know how to take them on (in this case i like BT because we hold a nice advantage over other chapters against them- such as close combat weaps in our squads)

I hate to say it but i havent played tyranids though- anything with power armour is the go these days. Sill, we shouldnt do too badly against them (againts nids though, crusaders are a beautiful, wonderful thing)

But of course, at the end of the day, it really boils down to how good each commander is....

·
Registered
153 Posts
BT is a moderate assault army.

not real good, but sufficient..

worldeaters, space wolves, blood angels, wil win it from BT when properly played

·
Registered
199 Posts
hitting on 3s (or the other vows if u want), close combat weaps for basic marines, emperors champ, legendary assualt squads, and lots of crusaders- i personally think they are pretty damn good

as i said, any army is beatable

(but what i wouldnt give for some chain axes, they are awesome

·
Registered
153 Posts
well crusaders are only good for the extra transpot capacities.

the stormbolters suck compared to toughness 4 armies.
nice assault cannon, but vehicles don't mean a thing against a anti tank army such as necrons.

don't waste the points I would say..

and in anycase, hitting on a 3+ is nice and all, but you still need to wound.

·
Registered
199 Posts
ROT OP...

Icezero, you and me know i can use vet. sargents in my hq. that means they all have terminator honnors. that's 1 extra attack on you ass. My plasma stuff will kill you anyway.
And space wolfs??? come on. we are allmost alike, death guard is also close combat and even i won that on. Blood angels aren't that hard only that death company can have ccw and bolt pistol, (and scouts but they don't matter)

i agree with marshal areal

·
Registered
199 Posts
the landraider is only there for getting the troops on the other side. Necrons maiby heb that auto penetrating on a 6 but that is only your army. You also know that terminators will rip throu your warriors and the rest.

and dont pick your always to hit on a 3+ agenst necrons. low ini. anyway.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Originally posted by HighMarshall Lucian@Sep 12 2003, 06:58
ROT OP...

Icezero, you and me know i can use vet. sargents in my hq. that means they all have terminator honnors. that's 1 extra attack on you ass. My plasma stuff will kill you anyway.
And space wolfs??? come on. we are allmost alike, death guard is also close combat and even i won that on. Blood angels aren't that hard only that death company can have ccw and bolt pistol, (and scouts but they don't matter)

i agree with marshal areal
ya know at least half your army is death before they arrive, that includes all of your terminators.

the last game we had, you were lucky..

the damn jungle was infront of me.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.