Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just starting out and decided to go with BT. I thought that WH can align with them. Any thoughts what to add to make this legal?

·
768 Posts
I would buy 2 sister squads with flamers and put them in a chimera. This way you can support your normal marines with some nice flamers and use the acts of faith to deliver some holy AP1 bolter rounds to weaken the enemy.

·
Registered
355 Posts
There is a potential issue with BT and WH. WH came out before the BT codex and in C:WH it says that BT can be allies with them and gives fluff examples as well. However in C:BT it says you cannot be allies with psykers. This brings up the issue of whether an Inquisitor that isn't given psychic powers is still a psyker. I say no, but until GW clears it up there will be room to argue this point.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I'm all for adding a couple of Sister squads as allies for any marine army. But if you go that route make sure to take the full 20 sister squad and upgrade your Sister superior to Veteran Superior and add a Imagifer, Storm bolter, and heavy flamer. Point wise its hefty but man the looks your opponent gives you is sweet!

Dicegod I hate to rain on your parade but you cant give a Chimera to Sisters as a transport option. The only transport options available to SOB's is a Rhino or if your opponent agrees a Forgeworld Repressor. The only way to include a Chimera for a troop squad is attatched to a unit of Inquisitorial Storm Troopers (IST's)

·
The Orange Grey Knight
3,830 Posts
Lord Malachi said:
There is a potential issue with BT and WH. WH came out before the BT codex and in C:WH it says that BT can be allies with them and gives fluff examples as well. However in C:BT it says you cannot be allies with psykers. This brings up the issue of whether an Inquisitor that isn't given psychic powers is still a psyker. I say no, but until GW clears it up there will be room to argue this point.
I believe that Inquisitor's entries have the 'Special' rule Psyker, if that is there, he counts as a psyker even if he desen't have any powers, someone would have to check the wording on that...

Besides, why Take Inquisitors when you can take SoBs!

Mike

·
768 Posts
Chaplain Stephen said:
Dicegod I hate to rain on your parade but you cant give a Chimera to Sisters as a transport option. The only transport options available to SOB's is a Rhino or if your opponent agrees a Forgeworld Repressor. The only way to include a Chimera for a troop squad is attatched to a unit of Inquisitorial Storm Troopers (IST's)
oke I don´t own the codex and know little about SOB. I assumed they could because they have the options from both IG and SM.

·
The Orange Grey Knight
3,830 Posts
MiketehFox said:
I believe that Inquisitor's entries have the 'Special' rule Psyker, if that is there, he counts as a psyker even if he desen't have any powers, someone would have to check the wording on that...
WEll I checked, and it is there, so you wouldn't be able to use Inquisitors, but I still think taking 1-200 points of sisters would be better than an Inquisitor.

Mike

·
Registered
655 Posts
Black Templars may not take allies which have psychic powers other than Grey Knights. You -may- have psyker allies, as long as they do not have a psychic power. So an Inquisitor with no psychic powers would be fine. It would be a psyker without psychic powers, which is perfectly legal. I'd try and say the same thing a fifth way, but that would probably break something.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Cheredanine said:
Cant see why you would want an inquisitor, stick with the sisters
Maybe you want to use an assassin? They require an Inquisitor. Maybe you want to use an Orbital Strike? It too requires an Inquisitor.

·
Too Sexy For My Whirlwind
1,148 Posts
Maybe you want to use an assassin? They require an Inquisitor. Maybe you want to use an Orbital Strike? It too requires an Inquisitor.
As Bob Dole pointed out its perfectly legal for BT's to take an Inquisitor without psychic powers, so I don't see what the problem with taking OS's or Assasins is....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts