Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I chose black templars I chose them because I love mashin people in close combat.

The army list consits of 3 main close combat units a 9 man black templar squad tooled for combat accompanied by an emperor's champion, an assult squad accompanied by a chaplin, and a terminator assult squad accompanied by a high marshal all characters are tooled for combat. Before anyone mentions 3 HQ choices the emperor's champion dosen't count on the force orgniseation chart (check codex armogeddon)

The black templar squad is in a rhino, and the assult terminators are in a land raider crusaider.

The final squad is a six man tactical squad inc plasma cannon in a razorback for weakening enemy sqauds and making sure the enemy is slower than me.

My main aim is to try and keep my vehicals in cover and get my combat squad there in 2 turns, I target my enemies hardest units with my close combat squads first and crush them quickly so the rest of the ememy army should be easy to kill.

My army totals 1,500pts
Please give ideas for tactics and list improvements

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Originally posted by Marshal Alvar@Sep 9 2003, 12:35

and a terminator assult squad accompanied by a high marshal all characters are tooled for combat.
dood can u read? lol anyway it looks like a great list but if u should have a las cannon to take out eh transports...then u can assault hem ill put it how u did...mashthem :eek:

·
Registered
137 Posts
You have almost the same composition I have along with the strategy. Your army doesnt need anything else except maybe a vindicator. Ordinance really dents your opponents army if you use it right.

·
Registered
374 Posts
What Vow have you sworn (pg 21, Codex: Armagedon)? If you want to stab stuff, go with "Suffer Not the Unclean to Live," which provides a +1 modifier to wound in assault, at the cost of 1 Initiative point. Extra strength is probably worth the slowdown. A Dreadnought might also be nice.

·
LO Zealot
1,226 Posts
You should use the vow: accept any challenge no matter the odds
its great for close combat!

·
Registered
7 Posts
i hate that vow- what happens if u have a squad near a dreadnought or something? your dudes are screwed- especially if your tac. squads dont have a power fist...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.