Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Egg Head Miniatures:fbook
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with this guy. I hope to see a heavily freehanded cape there. ;) :p

Kuffy
Cheers Kuffy. I'm hoping to get the cape looking intricate if I can. We'll see when I get to it.

Current progress isn't much to look at. Lots of general progression but nothing complete yet. Added six empty bolter shells to the base too.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Looks excellent. I'm excited to see the finished project.

·
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It looks great mate. I love the white(would you mind sharing the secret?). One comment i do have though, in the 2nd picture, you appear to have some of the blue highlight from the cape, on the 'piping' kinda stuff.
Ta mate. ;-)

Looks ilke you may be right with that observation. Good spotting. (hurridly gets paints back out) ;-)

White.....layering. Simple as that. Started with a black basecoat as you can see in earlier pics so painted a few thin layers of Space Wolves Grey to get a good, bright shade to work over. Then gradually painted layers of thinned white building the bright tone. Probably looking at about 8-10 layers.

·
DROP PODS!!
690 Posts
i dont know if its the lighting or angle of the photo, it looks like you've missed the inner part of the shackle thing on the comb i melta, and that shoulder plate on the right looks a little bent. looks great over all, very nice

·
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i dont know if its the lighting or angle of the photo, it looks like you've missed the inner part of the shackle thing on the comb i melta, and that shoulder plate on the right looks a little bent. looks great over all, very nice
Thanks for the observations. The shackle doesn't have a hole in it for his arm to go through and I don't have a drill bit the right size to drill it, yet. I did paint it but it looked real silly so I painted it black again.

You have spured me to get it drilled tomo' though.

Not sure about the shoulder pad though. Can't see what you mean.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.