Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Knight-Champion
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Holy Sh*t! (A very suitable expletive for BT I feel)

Black Templar FAQ

Black Templars have been brought in line with current rules and other Marine Codices, (meaning 3++ Storm Shields, for example).

They've also cleared up loads of the no-longer-valid rules problems.

·
3,395 Posts
Black Templars have been brought in line with current rules and other Marine Codices, (meaning 3++ Storm Shields, for example).
Dang, after I had ordered a few shields for my BT assault squad too. 15pts is too rich for my blood on a unit that has less cc punch than a tac squad.

Quite a change in GW policy, changing points values. It's terribly half-baked though.

(also - 70 point tornados, yikes)

G

·
Dang, after I had ordered a few shields for my BT assault squad too. 15pts is too rich for my blood on a unit that has less cc punch than a tac squad.

Quite a change in GW policy, changing points values. It's terribly half-baked though.

(also - 70 point tornados, yikes)
Why less CC punch than Tactical squads? Vanilla Assault marines get more attacks due to 2 cc weapons. Assuming squads of equal size.

·
Son of LO
3,930 Posts
I'm surprised they didn't give them a pamphlet like they did with the BA before we got our new codex. Sure it was an insult but it's better than being ignored! :D
No it wasn't

·
3,395 Posts
Why less CC punch than Tactical squads? Vanilla Assault marines get more attacks due to 2 cc weapons. Assuming squads of equal size.
A 5 man templar assault squad gets twice as many regular attacks and half as many powerfist attacks as a 5 man tac squad, less one attack for every stormshield.
By comparison a BA assault squad would have an identical cost and three times as many powerfist attacks.

They arn't bad as such, due to the likelyhood of having the preferred enemy vow, they just don't hit especially hard against heavily armoured targets. On the up side they get cheap plasma pistols and very cheap meltabombs - they both suffer and benefit from their age.

·
EWOP
586 Posts
So far they sound like an apologist list for the Dark Angels' fourth-ed-codex-as-a-fifth-ed-release disaster. Though they may be expensive, as another assault list they should be unique as the Wolves and BA have been. I look forward to mega-mech-shoot-or-assault lists that are unusual in fifth ed. I always enjoyed fighting BTs because I never got the same game twice-they were a challenge because of their particular shooting and/or assaulting style. You could choose to assault or stand still and happily get into major firefights, which is unusual for tailored SM armies. Great stuff, looking forward to a few happier BT players blowing the dust off their models.

·
404: Title not found
2,845 Posts
Hmm. GW's excuse to not do an update properly? Ah well, at least they're getting some attention.

~ Acarna

1 - 9 of 9 Posts