Librarium Online Forums banner
321 - 327 of 327 Posts

·
Member
Joined
·
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #321 · (Edited)
Sometimes You Bite the Bear and Get away With It :D

The side crenellations have got to fit within close tolerances. I had only a few millimeters of leeway in seven inches to get these nine dentations to fit evenly without more major adjustments.

Naturally I procrastinated attempting to build these bulwarks until today (and last evening) but low they came out better than I expected with a tolerance of micromillimeters (otherwise known as 64ths of an inch)



(I dearly love the Imperial system. I can't wait until the rest of the World adopts it.)

So here we have the crenellations in place and ready for gluing...



But before I do that I need to complete the main arm cutouts in the deck which I presume are for servicing and retracting the shoulder armament.




Gaad! Did I stumble into the purpose of these cutouts or What?

Purely by accident I assure you. Serendipity rears its ugly head once again.
 

·
Member
Joined
·
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #322 ·
The Wine Was Sour:

So I threw it out.

I went for broke widening the superstructure deck by about 4 inches which necessitated revamping the ends of the deck.

After struggling with the modification ad nauseum working upside down I managed to modify the left hand side of the deck to allow for the cove moulding on the underside of the crenellations but it was beyond my patience to try to juxtapose the coordinates for the other side. ( I always wanted to use the word "juxtapose" in a sentence. :)




Anyhow I tore the entire superstructure apart and turned the deck upside down and still it was quite difficult to break out the underside of the deck but a lot easier than working upside down.

Here is what I had to replicate:



mirroring the completed underside.

And the entire underside for reference:



Easy peasy (Not)
 

·
Member
Joined
·
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #323 ·
A Fine Madness?

Someone stop him before he goes all the way back to the beginning!!!

This morning I finished off installing the cooling vanes/buttresses (?) around the base of the waist.







I've put this off long enough. I couldn't decide how the should be arranged around the forward corners but these seem to work okay.



I cast a troubled glance at the femur/thigh component and thought what the hey; while I've got the thing completely disassembled I might as well lengthen the upper legs as well. I've put it off long enough.

With my trusty razor saw and a couple of hacks I severed the knee joint; "In a thrice the deed was done!" Ha,Ha! Hee Hee!



I decided to increase the thigh length by a bit over 7 CM (2.6 inches) shown here compared to the other leg (still to be done)

Once reassembled we'll if that is sufficient.
 

·
Member
Joined
·
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #324 ·
One of my biggest complaints about the Forge World Warlord is I thought the legs were too short. I even resolved were I ever to purchase one I would lengthen to legs.








With a lot of effort I managed to increase the length of the legs by about 7,0 centimeters (2.75 inches). It required a lot more work than I had bargained for. If I had to do it over again I probably wouldn't have done it.



(whom I kidding; I'm not obsessive compulsive for the fun of it.)



Anyway here's a couple of views of the stretch job...













and I also got the legs to work so they can be posed as seen below.




 

·
Member
Joined
·
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #325 ·
Eureka!

First time together with the complete top hamper, the basic edifices that is.



Also the first time with the new leg extensions and the full weight if the basic model brought to bear on the legs.



The model is extremely top heavy and while precariously stable walking around the model would topple it I'm sure; so for the time being I propped it up against the back of a chair.



I need to add stabilizers to the interior of the greave housings.

.


(Note the 51 inches (1.2954 meter) on the six foot scale... a far cry from my initial projection of a tad over a meter.)

The top view and the foreground level camera angle shot brings home the majesty of this monster.




The two figures added for scale are virtually lost in the immensity of the construction.



Optimistically I am going to start detailing the basic components and getting the main weapons mounted on the shoulders.
 

·
Member
Joined
·
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #326 ·
Thanks for the replies;



Up In The Big Leagues:

About a week ago I began detailing the various edifices of the upper works and found myself in short supply of the 0.80 X .250 inch Evergreen Styrene strips (2,0 X 4,8 MM)

According to my calculations I would need about ten Packets. I found a user friendly "Factory Direct" Hobby Supply site which will now be my go to source for special styrene strips etc.

https://factorydirecthobbies.com/products




Behold $150 bucks worth of styrene strips and tubes

And The beginnings of making 96 pieces of the same size portal details for the corner bastions.




We're not fooling around any more boys and girls.

This will be the last post on this tread due to lack of interest
 
321 - 327 of 327 Posts
Top