Librarium Online Forums banner

321 - 322 of 322 Posts

·
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #321 · (Edited)
Sometimes You Bite the Bear and Get away With It :D

The side crenellations have got to fit within close tolerances. I had only a few millimeters of leeway in seven inches to get these nine dentations to fit evenly without more major adjustments.

Naturally I procrastinated attempting to build these bulwarks until today (and last evening) but low they came out better than I expected with a tolerance of micromillimeters (otherwise known as 64ths of an inch)

(I dearly love the Imperial system. I can't wait until the rest of the World adopts it.)

So here we have the crenellations in place and ready for gluing...

But before I do that I need to complete the main arm cutouts in the deck which I presume are for servicing and retracting the shoulder armament.

Gaad! Did I stumble into the purpose of these cutouts or What?

Purely by accident I assure you. Serendipity rears its ugly head once again.

·
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #322 ·
The Wine Was Sour:

So I threw it out.

I went for broke widening the superstructure deck by about 4 inches which necessitated revamping the ends of the deck.

After struggling with the modification ad nauseum working upside down I managed to modify the left hand side of the deck to allow for the cove moulding on the underside of the crenellations but it was beyond my patience to try to juxtapose the coordinates for the other side. ( I always wanted to use the word "juxtapose" in a sentence. :)

Anyhow I tore the entire superstructure apart and turned the deck upside down and still it was quite difficult to break out the underside of the deck but a lot easier than working upside down.

Here is what I had to replicate:

mirroring the completed underside.

And the entire underside for reference:

Easy peasy (Not)

321 - 322 of 322 Posts