Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my best friends has a medium sized blood angel army but he doesn't have in HQ options except a Chaplain. For Christmas I'd like to buy and paint him some kind of HQ, cause he doesn't like to use his chaplain and he can't paint worth crap. What do you blood andgel and space marine folks suggest I get for him cause I just don't know!

·
Registered
199 Posts
If your prepared to- Blood Angels Honour Guard would be a great present for him (i know strictly speaking it doesnt have a commander model- but u could always convert the veteran sergeant)

Reasons- HG is awesome in close combat (jump packs, power weapons and so on) and the models, esp. the sanguinary priest and techmarine, are simply fantastic. They may be expensive points wise but they are characterful and generally useful with new assault rules

·
Keeper of Records and Ale
10,982 Posts
As a BA player I would suggest either a libarian or a force commander. The libaraian coz of his power (+D3 A who would say no?) The force commander with power weapon can be very nasty, both accompanied by H/G with power weapons and termi honours, and either with J/P or Rhino/razorback will be a very quick and nasty squad.

Also a chaplain is needed in a BA army to lead the death company. A chaplain with termi honours, bolt pistol, crozium, rosarius and J/P is nothing to snif at. Especially coz he is always accompinied by a death company.

·
Registered
78 Posts
i have no idea why he would not want to use a chaplain, that’s almost the whole point in blood angels, but you could make a good force commander that would look cool and kick. And a Sanguinary High Priest would be needed if you don’t have a chaplain to lead the death company, because only they can lead it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Wow, if your friend is playing as a blood angel army and he doesn’t have Death Company… all I can say is wow. That is almost unheard of…. For me. I love my death company. I think that instead of a HQ you should get him some death company guys. And they aren’t REALLY free, the chaplain costs 180pts, but whatever.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Take a librarian. He gets +D3 attacks for his psychic power. Then you tool him up with an Iron Halo, Terminator Honors, and if you have the points, Artificer Armor. Now comes the fun part, give him a pair of Lightning Claws. His WS 5 hits most things on a 3+ and the LC let him reroll misses. This guy is almost invincible in CC. But of course you only add him if you have the points after taking a Chaplain. The Chaplain is the best HQ in the game points wise. For ** points, you get a power weapon and a 4+ invulnerable. He's like 10-20 points more than another HQ WITHOUT wargear, so why would you not take a Chaplain in any marine army?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'd go with a librarian with all the guff and a force weapon. They go really great against gig creatures and can kill them off with the force weapons power. Although the idea of a librarian tooled up with lightning claws and a jump pack would rip a whole clean through the enemy lines, especially if it's an army with good armor values since it negates that. And he'd go great against other special characters

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.