Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I'm having some real trouble killing Blood Angels, especially Death Company + Rhino squad and a Furioso Dreadnaught, They catch up with me before I have a chance to destroy them. What should I do.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Well that was a simple answer. Maybe you could give us some of the scenarios you have been playing and what happens. Nothin detailed but tell us about setup and your general moves and his. Maybe we can see whats going on. Plus did you experience the dreaded Poor Dice rolls. Maybe then we can figure out what you need to do.

General thoughts would be to play back farther than you are if possible, whats your army list like. Plasma weapons work really well. We can say more if I know how your playing currently.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok well i set up all my units at the front of the 18" deployment zone and Stealth Infiltrate onto another table quarter. Fire warriors infront of crisis and broadsides. If they end up coming close i retreat but until them just hammer them with everything that is in range or line of site, there was a lot of terrain so the only thing that could hit the Dreadnaught was a broadside with the smart missles and they wont do anything. the dreadnaught moved 18" got one of my fire warrior sqauds and they were killed in 2 turns and my broadsides werent able to retreat although the crisis were even though they were attacked, my hammerhead was taken out by a glancing of 5+ and then my opponent rolled a 6 so that went up in smoke in the second turn then i was just beaten up although my etheral managed to get behind the dreadnaught and immobilize it before dying.

I took out a

Scout squad
A Death Company Marine
Attack Bike
Vindacare Assasin

·
Registered
17 Posts
I understand your pain when fighting close combat orientated space marines. From my experience, the trick is not to try and destroy them before they get to you, because they will always get to you before you manage to inflict enought casualties. But, rather use your mobility to split their main wedge of attack. For example, if they are sweeping towards you with rhinos, leave some bait in the form of kroot or fire warriors and run away into separate table quarters. Then use your superior range and fire power to slow them down by destroying their transports. If you are lucky, you can limit them to two table quarters that you are contesting and you own two uncontested areas. Mind you, if you are trying to take and hold vs blood angels, i wish you luck. my 2 cents.

Nostromino

·
Registered
144 Posts
well alot of people think that taus best weapon is there shooting but there wrong. Tau are extremly fast the only army that could out speed them are eldar. So try to use your speed to your advantage. However blood angels do have there blood rage which can really speed them up as well as there super charged engines.

·
Registered
135 Posts
plasma and submunitons will eat them away, let them come to you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.