Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The Biker Marine
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

It seems that people are only playing 1850+ lists around here. For those of us that are aiming at smaller lists, here is a list that I am building towards. As I have never played BA before, I am not sure how solid it can be... I know that all-jumpy armies are one of the ways to do BAs, and this is the direction that I want to go. I definitively do not wish to include any armor. Also not a big fan of Death Company. At least for now. But I do like Sanguinary Guard hence they make an appearance in my list. Dante is here to make them scoring, although he will reserve with his guard and deep strike later on. All other units start on the table (or that is the idea). My list:

HQ: Commander Dante (1#, 225 pts)
HQ: Honour Guard (5#, 160 pts) + Meltagun x3, Power Sword
Elite: Sanguinary Priest (1#, 75 pts) + Jump Pack
Troops: Sanguinary Guard (5#, 210 pts) + Power Fist
Troops: Assault Squad (10#, 235 pts) + Meltagun x2, Power Fist
Troops: Assault Squad (10#, 235 pts) + Meltagun x2, Power Fist
Heavy Support: Devastator Squad (5#, 120 pts) + Missile Launcher x3

Total Roster Cost: 1500
Model Count: 47

Is that something that could work?
Too much melta, not enough flamers?
Should I have more guys going forward and less Devs?
Is Dante a mistake at 1500pts (I know people tend to use Libbys at this point level, but a scoring SGuard unit plus the non-scattering HGuard is tempting)?

THANK YOU!!!

·
WarmaHorde
2,570 Posts
Do your Honour Guard have jump packs? And if your going to run that many missile launchers, I'd suggest dropping the meltaguns off the assault squads, and the Sang Priest for another scoring Assault Squad, then balance out the three squads.

·
The Biker Marine
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah, newbie Army Builder mistake - i believe that I did not give HGuard jump packs! Shall fix that in the morning. As such, I will need to adjust the list in general...

Libby - I will build the model to have one, so he is an option, but I wanted to be able to accurately drop meltas on the HGuard, and to have the SGuard be a scoring unit...

Meltas and dropping the Priest - I thought that at least one is a must in the list, so that the Assault Squads are a bit more "punchy". With the weapons - I have an overwhelming fear of Land Raiders after the last Adepticon hence a lot of AT weapons in the list...

THX

·
WarmaHorde
2,570 Posts
Meltas and dropping the Priest - I thought that at least one is a must in the list, so that the Assault Squads are a bit more "punchy". With the weapons - I have an overwhelming fear of Land Raiders after the last Adepticon hence a lot of AT weapons in the list...
If you were running a true Dante list, aka just Sang Guard, I could see putting the Priests in. Overwhelming fear of landraiders... I can understand if they were they were those redeemer models. If you have to get within 6" though of tank like that... Generally speaking your list is fast. And because its fast, you should be able to stay away from Land Raiders, if they move faster then 6" a turn, they can only get one weapon on you, shouldn't take more then 3 turns to get across the board, so at best 2-3 dead models.

Tanks are def the way of the future so it seems, but not all armies use tanks, some of the tanks that are used, are too fast, others can be taken down with bolters.

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
I have an overwhelming fear of Land Raiders after the last Adepticon hence a lot of AT weapons in the list...
However, you do know that the missile launchers your Devas are carrying are pretty worthless against Land Riders?

·
The Biker Marine
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, so it looks like I do not have enough SGuards to justify Dane?

SGuard - I could try to run two squads of them, but that would mean no HGuard and some cuts to the Devs I am sure. Even with one though, Dante does not strike me as an overkill. I think that 40K is going in the direction of Hero-centric armies lately. Granted, there are better ICs there for the points, but my second choice was either Astorath (poor choice if you are not taking Death Company probably) or Sanguinor. So overall, Dante is a compromise. Libby is OK, but, he fails in my eyes because he does not sport an invulnerable save. I agree that his Blood Lance (?) and even psychic hood is a nice thing to have, but I would rather take something that can smash face more… directly.

As far as the AT – rockets are there for Rhinos and such, whereas meltas are the last line of defense against heavier tanks. Not ideal, but seriously, what other choice does this army have (if you are playing with 1500pts and take no tanks on your own)? Upgrade Devs with heavier guns? Expensive really quick. Running around? Works for a while, but at some point both armies need to commit to objectives, at which point you need to get close to those LRaiders anyway. Attack bikes – well, less shots but bigger chance to do stuff – could possibly work. Unless this army faces Guard, there should be at the most one or two AV14 tanks on the table – I hope…

In my experience LRaiders are tough no matter what you throw at them. At Adepticon, 3 out of 4 of my 1850pts games had them. Game #1 I fired 6 Typhoons and 4 melta guns at one with no effect in a single turn! Third game I killed one with 2 melta shots only… Still, the more things one has to fire the better.

Priest – I still think that regular Assault Squads need to have one of those guys running around, especially if HGuard is not there anymore.

Again, I do not play Blood Angels, so perhaps I am completely wrong.
In any case, I am open to any suggestions for a 1500pts list based around Dante, 20 Assault Marines and SGuard….

Here is my attempt #2:

HQ: Commander Dante (1#, 225 pts)
Elite: Sanguinary Priest (1#, 75 pts) + Jump Pack 25
Troops: Sanguinary Guard (5#, 220 pts) + Infernus, Power Fist
Troops: Sanguinary Guard (5#, 220 pts) + Infernus, Power Fist
Troops: Assault Squad (10#, 235 pts) + Melta x2, Power Fist
Troops: Assault Squad (10#, 235 pts) + Melta x2, Power Fist
Heavy Support: Devastator Squad (5#, 145 pts) + Lascannon, Missile Launcher x3
Heavy Support: Devastator Squad (5#, 145 pts) + Lascannon, Missile Launcher x3

Models: 42

I do not like the Devs too much (poor configuration) but I was too short on points to do anything meaningful after the Troops and HQs were paid for…

Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts