Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This list won the Tourney

Of course the list did not win the tourney alone. It was a combination of scenarios, dice rolls, luck, and hopefully some skill. I won all three games with major victories. I played against space wolves, necrons and ork. Admittedly none of the lists I played were uber-hard, but neither was mine. I beat the champion of the last 2 tourneys and I also beat the best player in our club, but again, they were not the hardest lists. I used my mobility to stage the fights where I wanted them, for the most part...

HQ:

Lemartes, 125 pts (He ran with the DC, but close to the HG, so he could switch between them as needed).

Honor Guard w/ Company Champ, Sanguinary Priest (Apoth), Standard Bearer, and 2 power weapons, jump packs. 235 pts

ELITE:

4 Death Company with Jump packs. 20 pts

Furioso Dreadnought with Heavy Flamer and Venerable upgrade in a drop pod. 190 pts

FAST ATTACK:

2 multi-melta attack bikes. 100 pts

TROOPS:

5 man assault squad with power fist and 1 plasma pistol. 180 pts.

10 man assault squad with power fist and 2 plasma pistols. 305 pts.

5 man tactical squad with power fist, melta gun, and rhino (no upgrades). 195 pts.

HEAVY SUPPORT:

Baal predator, heavy bolter sponsons and extra armor. 150 pts.

END OF LIST..............1500 points exactly.

The tournament is for club members only and has special rules for composition that we all agree to. Essentially you can take 1 HQ, 3 Troops, and one Elite, Fast, and Heavy and you will get no composition penalty. You start to lose points when you take more units and the more you take the bigger the penalty and the penalties are cumulative. The above list suffers no penalties because Death Company and Honor Guard do not take up spaces on the force organization chart.

Any comments welcome.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Of course the list did not win the tourney alone. It was a combination of scenarios, dice rolls, luck, and hopefully some skill. I won all three games with major victories. I played against space wolves, necrons and ork. Admittedly none of the lists I played were uber-hard, but neither was mine. I beat the champion of the last 2 tourneys and I also beat the best player in our club, but again, they were not the hardest lists. I used my mobility to stage the fights where I wanted them, for the most part...

HQ:

Lemartes, 125 pts (He ran with the DC, but close to the HG, so he could switch between them as needed).

Honor Guard w/ Company Champ, Sanguinary Priest (Apoth), Standard Bearer, and 2 power weapons, jump packs. 235 pts

ELITE:

4 Death Company with Jump packs. 20 pts

Furioso Dreadnought with Heavy Flamer and Venerable upgrade in a drop pod. 190 pts

FAST ATTACK:

2 multi-melta attack bikes. 100 pts

TROOPS:

5 man assault squad with power fist and 1 plasma pistol. 180 pts.

10 man assault squad with power fist and 2 plasma pistols. 305 pts.

5 man tactical squad with power fist, melta gun, and rhino (no upgrades). 195 pts.

HEAVY SUPPORT:

Baal predator, heavy bolter sponsons and extra armor. 150 pts.

END OF LIST..............1500 points exactly.

The tournament is for club members only and has special rules for composition that we all agree to. Essentially you can take 1 HQ, 3 Troops, and one Elite, Fast, and Heavy and you will get no composition penalty. You start to lose points when you take more units and the more you take the bigger the penalty and the penalties are cumulative. The above list suffers no penalties because Death Company and Honor Guard do not take up spaces on the force organization chart.

Any comments welcome.

You know its funny i was all set to comment to Jup stright in with swap this for that and change out this and that unit but to be honest i cant see any fault with it its a pretty tight formations following the rules of the tournament you are going to be playing in, good use of None FOC choices like the DC and HG, i cant comment on the Baal Predator as i have never used one but i hear they are well liked, and one could expone the benefits of corbulos Furious Charge 12" bonus over lemartes Cheap Uber Chaplain Status all day but its really a matter of choice, personally i would say that the honour guard are a shade pricy at this points value but what isn't in the BA list, have you considered running them bare bones maybe with just a company champion or single power fist and spending the remaining points buffing one of the half strength squads, also unless you are planning on last minuit objexctive grabs with the Baal you dont really need the extra armour so if you perhaps dropped that and some of the gear on the HG Squad you might be able to save yourself enough points for 5 extra men for the tactical or assault squad, i would say this could be a deciding factor in a win-draw situation as obviously scoring units will be at a premium with only 3 troops choices.

All in all though a tidy list, good luck with it and let us know how you do.

Repp for you and your tidy list.

·
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your kind words. I went back and forth between Lemartes or Corbulo. I am happy with my choice because (and this is what swayed me) Lemartes does not need transportation to keep up with the jump pack troops. Corbulo does...

I have the Honor Guard armed the way they are because that is how I made the models and I don't feel like making spares that are armed differently. It is expensive points-wise the way they are, but they always perform wonderfully for me. And I mean EVERY TIME.

I played with the list exactly as posted. First game against Space Wolves and a very experienced player (I rarely beat him or even get a draw) I beat him by a significant margin. Second game against Necrons, this guy wins most of the local tournaments, I phased him out in turn 4. Third game against ork with Warboss and scoring Nob bikers with feel no shame, I won 5 objective to 1. That was all the games. I won the trophy for Best General for winning all my games (I was the only player to do so). I was also in the running for best sportsmanship, which is always nice. I got great scores on my painting too! It was an all-around excellent experience!

·
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That, I like.

Well done, its nice to see people winning with the old BA list, i have had a couple of wins and some losses mainly due to not having enough boddies on the field, obviously the 3 troops max prevented some of the 120+ Ork Boyz debacles i have had to deal with.
Ouch! That would suck, big time!! The worst I've faced was 90 boyz, but I had a thunderfire cannon, a dakka pred and a vindicator, not to mention some nasty heavy flamer templates to help me out. My BA would just go down under the green tide...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.